Need A Vet Recommendation In Indy

One of our members has moved to the Indianapolis, IN area (Greenwood, actually).

His Greyhound (I think she's 6 or 7 years old) is very sick. He's taken her to a vet up there twice and he/she doesn't have a clue what's wrong with her.

She's lost about 15 pounds and now she won't eat at all.

Mike called the GPA/Indianapolis number and left a message.

Do any of you have any recommendations?

Lois

Edited by AndysMom

Mom to Palm City Roxie ("Roxie"). Remembering Heizer Jordan ("Jordan"), DB's PickedtoWin ("Andy"), CB Ectasy ("Ecstasy"), Oshkosh Unafraid ("Tribute"), Arathorn, WV's Imperial ("Abby") and her brother WV's Institute ("Mojo") and KB's Gameboy ("Game Boy"), who've all gone to the Bridge. Working with Austin Greyhound Adoption <austingreyhounds.org>.

I emailed Shelby, hopefully she will see this.

Has he done a tick panel? What does her blood work look like?

did you see this vet on the pinned list?

Dr. Bill Neumann

Broad Ripple Animal Clinic

6225 N. Broadway

Indianapolis, IN 46220

(317) 257-5334

Mon - Thurs: 7 am - 8 pm

Fri: 7 am - 6 pm

Sat: 8 am - 3 pm

Dr. Neumann was, until very recently, a board member of and consultant to GPA Indy. He's still very committed to GPA, and he's a very friendly, very informed, good guy.

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Thanks, Diane. We've already passed this info on to the adopter. I don't have any background on the dog's past testing, etc., but we'll post an update if they get back to us with more info.

Lois

P.S.: Thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten about the pinned Vet List.

Mom to Palm City Roxie ("Roxie"). Remembering Heizer Jordan ("Jordan"), DB's PickedtoWin ("Andy"), CB Ectasy ("Ecstasy"), Oshkosh Unafraid ("Tribute"), Arathorn, WV's Imperial ("Abby") and her brother WV's Institute ("Mojo") and KB's Gameboy ("Game Boy"), who've all gone to the Bridge. Working with Austin Greyhound Adoption <austingreyhounds.org>.

Just got word from the adopter up in the Indianapolis area. They took the dog immediately to Dr. Neumann (thanks, Burpdog), who says she has kidney failure! I don't know the level of failure she's experiencing or the prognosis, but at least you helped them find a vet who could figure out what is wrong with her.

Thanks!

Lois

I live in the Greenwood area and take my dogs to see Dr Sheff at the Meridian Vet Clinic on 135. We have taken our dogs to Dr Sheff for over 20 years and I can not think of one bad thing to say about him. Not only is he an excellent vet with lots of grey experience, but he is very cost conscious too. I don't know if Dr. Sheff is accepting new patients but Dr. Spencer is very good also. Dr Haviland is also in the practice but he seems to be more of a cat doctor.

If the pup needs to go to an emergency clinic, the Airport Animal Emergency Center is the only one I can recommend.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest greylovinpair

I will put in another good word for Dr. Neumann at Broadripple Animal Clinic. When we lived in Indy that is where we took our grey and that is where, at the time, GPA Indy did most of their vetting of the new arrivals.

Guest gottaluvgreysindy
I live in the Greenwood area and take my dogs to see Dr Sheff at the Meridian Vet Clinic on 135. We have taken our dogs to Dr Sheff for over 20 years and I can not think of one bad thing to say about him. Not only is he an excellent vet with lots of grey experience, but he is very cost conscious too. I don't know if Dr. Sheff is accepting new patients but Dr. Spencer is very good also. Dr Haviland is also in the practice but he seems to be more of a cat doctor.

If the pup needs to go to an emergency clinic, the Airport Animal Emergency Center is the only one I can recommend.

I'm also with Carol on this one. Dr. Sheff is in Greenwood and absolutely amazing. My girls both have appt with him there on Friday. Dr. Sheff also spends a lot of his time at the Airport Emergi Center. Which is the only emergency center I would take my pups too here in Indianapolis.

Dr. Neuman is greyt as well. If you or your adopter needs any further info, please let me know how I can help.

Prayers for the sick pupper.

I'm getting some good news from the adopter but it's second hand info (filtered through DH). Don't have specifics, but it appears the dog is doing much better today. She's still "in patient" at Broad Ripple, but the vet says that it's not the end of the line for her. He says she has kidney disease, but not "failure" and that her condition can be handled through medication and diet. The family is just ecstatic! Thanks for your help!!

Lois

I'm getting some good news from the adopter but it's second hand info (filtered through DH). Don't have specifics, but it appears the dog is doing much better today. She's still "in patient" at Broad Ripple, but the vet says that it's not the end of the line for her. He says she has kidney disease, but not "failure" and that her condition can be handled through medication and diet. The family is just ecstatic! Thanks for your help!!

Lois

Good good news!! Misty has had kidney disease for almost 3 years now. it's been managed with meds and a kidney diet, so it can be controlled fairly easily.

I'm so glad to hear the good news for this girl

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless