Meet L-o-l-a, Lola - My New Brindle Girlie....

Guest AllThingsBiotha

Guest greyvettech
She is a beauty!!! Congrats! :rolleyes:

Thank you. Thank you. Yes, she has gorgeous silky hair!

GreyVetTech, Is Berner Air all set to fly Finley to NY this weekend?

Yes! It looks like everything is set up. They are leaving out of Orlando on Saturday. Lisa has been working hard to make sure everyone is communicating and everything is taken care of...Looks like Finley will have his forever home this weekend!!!!!!!! :)

Guest AllThingsBiotha
Is this an 'actual' breed or a mix of other sighthound breeds?

If so, which ones?

She is LOVELY! :wub:

Are these 'exotic' & rare?

If one wanted to find one of these beauties, where would one look? :blush

Yup, they are a breed (closed studbook in 2000) and were created from Borzois, whippets and a few whippet/sheltie mixes, starting back in 1986. You can find out more about them at International Silken Windhound Society where there is also a list of breeders. They are working toward AKC acceptance, as well as recognition from various sighthound racing associations.

They are sweet, charming little (I guess that's relative, since they are 18-23.5" tall) dogs who love their people as much as they love to run!

Guest AllThingsBiotha

Um, guys, are you chewing on those boxes?

March28-4.jpg

Who, us?

March28-3.jpg

It was Beta, I'm too sweet to do anything wrong.

March28.jpg

Ya, right! It's DOUBLE Silken trouble!

March28-2.jpg

I'm curious as to what their personalities are like - are they busy like whippets? Are they similar to Borzoi, just smaller?

Congratulations on your addition, she's very pretty...and it looks like she's already found her Silken partner in crime :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest AllThingsBiotha
I'm curious as to what their personalities are like - are they busy like whippets? Are they similar to Borzoi, just smaller?

Congratulations on your addition, she's very pretty...and it looks like she's already found her Silken partner in crime :)

Silkens are sweet, charming, sweet, very people oriented and did I say sweet (?) dogs. And anything is busy compared to Bernese Mt. Logs--whoops, I mean Dogs!

Beta is the smartest dog I've ever owned and easy to train--wants to please, wants a treat. Lola is a snuggly Couch Diva, but enjoys a few sessions of Silken Racing and Silken Wrasslin' daily with her buddy. They've been treated as 'equals' by the GH's at any of the events we've attended with them, so other dogs must realize they are Sighthounds.

I think she knows she's home:

LolaMarch2009.jpg

Edited by AllThingsBiotha

Guest Rethy

She is so gorgeous! Congratulations. Someday I very much want a silken windhound -- they seem like the perfect combination of sighthoundness and portability, plus the longer hair for protection (Shoxy is very accident prone with minor cuts that bleed all over my furniture).

Very pretty! Congrats!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest LindsaySF

Sorry I'm late to the party! Congrats! :yay

I just LOVE her coloring. :wub: You better be careful, I might stuff her in my trunk when I see you next! :lol

Beta looks HUGE! Did he grow a lot since I last saw him?