Stanley Is Sick

Guest poopsie1

I hope your big boy Stanley is feeling better today!

Personally, I think it would be ok to email Dr. C and ask about the spleen.

Sometimes it is OK to have questions that AREN'T emergencies... JMO.

Hugs to Stanley-

Carol

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.

Sending prayers and hugs hoping that each day brings Stanley back to his old self.

IMHO - I would do the ultrasound and repeat the tick panel.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Anne-Marie,

Aw, poor Stanley, he does sound subdued. The fact that he isn't vomiting makes me think he is on the mend. I do hope so!

Re Dr Couto: I know many Gters email him directly and he's very responsive, but I usually have my vet do the consult and get back to me. It just seems easier to have them talk directly without me trying to act as a go-between and possibly muddling medical terms.

And yes, he and his team do consult for non-emergencies and I think part of their mission is educating other vets on greyhound issues. Direct quote from the OSU Greyhound Health and Wellness website: "available for consultation services when unusual cases or those requiring specialized expertise present to the general practitioner. This service is free of charge. . . The well-being of your patient requiring treatment is our first concern. " GHWP site

Give Stanley gentle hugs from all of us and try not to worry too much! As I said in my PM, I would probably do an ultrasound sooner rather than later just for my peace of mind.

Edited by Saffron

Gillian
Caesar (Black Caesarfire) and Olly (Oregon) the Galgo

Still missing: Nell (spaniel mix) 1982-1997, Boudicca (JRT) 1986- 2004, and the greys P's Catwalk 2001-2008, Murphy Peabody (we failed fostering) 1998-2010 and Pilgrim (Blazing Leia) 2003-2016,

Oh wow! Just saw the update! Truly fantastic news!

Stanley, my beautiful boy, stop worrying your Mom!

Gillian
Caesar (Black Caesarfire) and Olly (Oregon) the Galgo

Still missing: Nell (spaniel mix) 1982-1997, Boudicca (JRT) 1986- 2004, and the greys P's Catwalk 2001-2008, Murphy Peabody (we failed fostering) 1998-2010 and Pilgrim (Blazing Leia) 2003-2016,

Great News!!!! I am so happy to hear he is feeling better!!!! :colgate:yay:yay

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Yee-haw! Way to go, Stanley! So glad you're feeling better! Scared the dickens out of your Mom, so you have a lot of making up to do!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead