Six Bottom Incisors Pulled, Poor Phoenix

Guest hannahmom

Phene Wienie, Grover says to tell you to milk it for all that it's worth.

You can con Momma into ice cream I bet :nod

Robin - he should be fine in a day or so - Grover had 4 molars pulled and once we got a steady stream of painkillers into his system, all was good.

:kiss2 for Mr Handsome

Poor Phoenix. Ali lost some front teeth with last years dental and this year she lost one more and another molar. The vet gave me tranadal (sp?) and rimadyl for pain. I fed her hamburger and rice for a few days and progressed to some canned food mixed with blended up kibble. After a week she was eating dry again. I would wet it so it was softer.

When she came home that night after the dental, I was freaked out, she was coming out of the anesthesia still (she was fully alert and walking around) but she was panting, pacing and disoriented. The next day was better. In a few days Phoenix should be fine.

Guest alf7199

I am the foster mom of Sweetie... she was a bounce who had not had a dental in 3 years :eek , she ended up having 17 teeth removed, leaving her with 23 teeth... the day after her surgery for dinner she ate 2 cans of food, the next morning she was waiting at her bowl for breakfast, she was only on one pain killer in morning (medicam)... day 3-7 post surgery she got softened kibble with canned, day 8 being cleared from the vet she is on regular kibble. Before she was cleared by the vet she was stealing bones and chewing to her heart's content... the vet said an extraction hurts less then a rotten tooth and in Sweetie's case it has to be true... trust me, the healing time is so much quicker then we could imagine...