What Are Some Of The Signs/symptoms Of Uti?

Just wondering.

Wednesday night, after her dental, Ruby kept circling in the yard, took her forever, then she finally peed. I really thought it was just because she was still loopy from the anesthesia.

This morning, she did the same thing. Kept walking around, would partially squat every now and then, walk some more, finally she peed.

So, what are the symptoms of a UTI, just in case?

Edited by rascalsmom

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Since Spencer is incontinent anyway, I keep a belly band with a pad on him. I noticed blood in his urine and had him tested for a UTI and that was the problem. I was hoping against hope that it would help the incontinence problem - he's on antibiotics - but it didn't. I don't know what the other symptoms would be but it sounds like Ruby is uncomfortable squatting/peeing.

Edited by Spencers_Greyt

What you're seeing could be one, waiting longer between urinating, also urinating in the house if that's not typical.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Martin never had trouble peeing. After we had him for about three months, he started to have accidents in the house that were unpredictable. One time we were petting him in the living room and he just let loose. That was when we decided to take him in. Sure enough, he had a UTI that, thankfully, responded to antibiotics. The vet told us his case was strange because it was unusual to have lots of pee, as in volume.

He was also drinking an awful lot.

Guest trevdog

She might still be recovering from the side effects of the anesthesia as well. It sounds like she had a tough go of it. My Ossie had a tooth pulled last year and he didn't have any of the after effects you were dealing with.

If a catheter was used on her during the procedure, she could be a little sore in the whoo whoo.

;)

Call your vet just to let them know you have a concern. A UTI would be suspected when your dog can not hold it normally any more.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Arwen has one now. Her's were very subtle. She's a little anxious and whiney anyway so it took me awhile to figure it out. She was getting up earlier in the morning and this week I found a couple of puddles upstairs after only being gone 2 hours.