Growth Or Sore On Head

Guest FenwaysMom

Guest FenwaysMom

Fenway035.jpg

Fenway033.jpg

Yesterday we noticed a red sore or growth on the top of Fenway's head. Every once in awhile that same area would have a slightly raised bump, but it always went down and it never turned red. We thought he might be digging at it. Now, all of a sudden, it has the appearance of a blood blister or growth. It's bright red and bumpy. Has anyone seen this sort of thing before? I am willing to take him to the vet but I really don't want to be the kind of "mom" who runs there for everything. Of course the first thing that pops into my mind is the big "C."

Guest Cris_M

I'd take him to the vet -- especially since it has been coming and going for a while.

Before you get all freaked about it being the big C, remember that it could be a simple cyst, a foreign body that is embedded, or a fatty tumor. All of those are benign and easily dealt with.

You're not being a crazy mom by taking him to the vet. It's a worthwhile visit, IMHO.

Talk to your vet. It might be a simple benign histiocytoma. I always have lumps and bumps checked by my vet. I feel it's better to check sooner than later.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

I'd take him to the vet -- especially since it has been coming and going for a while.

Before you get all freaked about it being the big C, remember that it could be a simple cyst, a foreign body that is embedded, or a fatty tumor. All of those are benign and easily dealt with.

You're not being a crazy mom by taking him to the vet. It's a worthwhile visit, IMHO.

Well put.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest TaraCoachCougar

I'd have it checked out at some point, but we've had a slew of bumps over the years that come and go. Some by vet removal, some leave on there own. If it flares back up, you might want to go ahead and get an appointment sooner than later.

P.S. Welcome to the board!