Conner Has Lumps

Guest koolaidnconner

Guest koolaidnconner

Since we had Conner he has had what our vet called a fatty lump right beside his penis. We seem to notice that it has gotten harder over the year. My DBF was checking him over tonight as Conner was standing and my DBF said come here he has 2 lumps.

He seemed to have one that was about the size of a golf ball at the end of his penis. Not the tip but the end close to his anal. It was so hard, he also still had the fatty lump beside his penis.

We got him to lay down and it disappears. We got him to stand and it reappeared.

Anyone have ideas? :(

The only idea we had is that he still has a lot of "man" in him when he sees his girlfriend Patches. He even tries to do the "deed". So we always wondered if they forgot to do the job fully when he went and got neutered. I was wondering if maybe he could have had cryptorchidism(a condition where one or both testicles did not drop into the scortum).

Just grasping at straws. I will call the vet tomorrow but just wondering if anyone has any ideas.

I think you are referring to his "olives".

If you do a search in this forum for "olives" you will find amusing threads like this one here

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest koolaidnconner

If you do a search in this forum for "olives" you will find amusing threads like this one here

That link was funny.....Made me feel a little better.

He did seem to really enjoy it when we touched the one on his "hoo hoo" :lol

Hmm... the "olives" usually aren't golf ball sized. They're usually grape sized, and you'll see two - one on each side. They should be symmetrical.

Cryptorchidism is a valid thought, but usually they're either up in the abdomen or palpable in the inguinal area.

Is it sore or painful to him at all?

Edited by Brindles

| Rachel | Dewty, Trigger, and Charlotte | Missing Dazzle, Echo, and Julio |

dewttrigsnowsig.jpg
Learn what your greyhound's life was like before becoming part of yours!
"The only thing better than the cutest kitty in the world is any dog." -Daniel Tosh

Guest nerak254

:blush

That link was funny.....Made me feel a little better.

He did seem to really enjoy it when we touched the one on his "hoo hoo" :lol

Just so you know you are not alone in your concern, I called my vet about the olives when I saw them on the only boy dog I've ever had. He had to put the phone down because he thought it was so funny.

:mum I promise! :lol Edited by Jackandgrey

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest koolaidnconner

There are definitly golf size. Not olive size. He did not seem like he was in any pain. He actually looked like he enjoyed it. Hekind stretched himself out when we touched the one that is at the end of his hoo hoo. I am still going to call my vet today and see if I should have him checked.

Guest koolaidnconner

So I decided I was going to take him in and get it looked at. So my DBF will be bringing him to the docs on Sat at 1030am as I am volunteering all day at the clinic anyways, I will be there to see what it it is.

no worrying. No worrying. No worrying.

Guest koolaidnconner

So we went to the docs today and found out that is it probably his bulbous gland that we saw and felt. Of course the lump did not come out well we were there.

On another note Conner does have what the vet called a fatty lump. She did an asper needle and said that the fatty lump was not a fatty lump, not a testicle as it had no sperm in it. She is not sure exactly what it is. So we have to book a dental soon for him anyways in which she is going to remove it then as well.

Sending prayers that this is NOTHING! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

It's gonna be nothing! Sending prayers!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead