Belly Bands

I have them on my website (see below) and Cara-lea makes them but I don't know if she's back up after her flooded basement. Also check with your local group. You could get them faster that way. If it's constant, line them with incontinence pads (wal-mart is the cheapest). In the mean time you could use a towel folded and wrapped around and fastened over his back. Another thing I've used is a baby diaper wrapped around the body but that only work for skinny boys and puppys. Otherwise the diaper isn't long enough to wrap around.

OK, just catching up and saw that Buddy is not a greyhound so forget the diaper, it wouldn't be long enough unless you used adult diapers. I would suggest measuring him just to be sure a belly band for a greyhound would fit. Also, petsmart sells them and also the regular pants type and they have them in all sizes. The regular diaper/pants might work better since it will cover more.

Edited by mom2zeus

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

I have them on my website (see below) and Cara-lea makes them but I don't know if she's back up after her flooded basement. Also check with your local group. You could get them faster that way. If it's constant, line them with incontinence pads (wal-mart is the cheapest). In the mean time you could use a towel folded and wrapped around and fastened over his back. Another thing I've used is a baby diaper wrapped around the body but that only work for skinny boys and puppys. Otherwise the diaper isn't long enough to wrap around.

OK, just catching up and saw that Buddy is not a greyhound so forget the diaper, it wouldn't be long enough unless you used adult diapers. I would suggest measuring him just to be sure a belly band for a greyhound would fit. Also, petsmart sells them and also the regular pants type and they have them in all sizes. The regular diaper/pants might work better since it will cover more.

I ran over to Petsmart and they had some. I got them one and some pads for it. IF it helps, we can order some more or get the generic again. It is a constant leak, and poor Buddy does not like that. :( I mentioned diaper doublers to them as I know they hold a lot from my kids. Scotts dad had already gone out and bought kid diapers. Not working great. Hopefully this will help a little. So sad!

The Girls

Guest sheila

I do make belly bands and they will be roomy enough to hold incontinence pads or even a human baby diaper. They have an inner lining of plastic and elastic on the sides to help control leakage. They are machine washable in cold water. I have made them for any size dog from a toy poodle on up so size is not an issue. I will custom make them on the measurements you provide.

My Jakie wears bellyband 24/7....just taking them off to potty in the yard then back on again.

YES..use a Poise pad.. and avoid bellybands with plastic if you can..

Jakie's are 28 inches long by 6 inches wide and then a poise pad adhered to the bellyband to the band between the band and his whatsit. There is no smell.. and he gets a sponge bath with diluted baby wash every other day.

My Jakie wears bellyband 24/7....just taking them off to potty in the yard then back on again.

Jakie's are 28 inches long by 6 inches wide and then a poise pad adhered to the bellyband to the band between the band and his whatsit. There is no smell.. and he gets a sponge bath with diluted baby wash every other day.

Why no plastic? I would think it would help leakage out of the band, but maybe it causes skin issues if they have to wear them 24/7?

The Girls

Why no plastic? I would think it would help leakage out of the band, but maybe it causes skin issues if they have to wear them 24/7?

That is what we found...sweaty, smelly and skin issues.

If we are going to be away from the house longer we double up on the Poise pads.

Double up .. not as one on top of the other but one in front of the one that is directly under his whatsit , just incase of 'overflow'.