Asking For Prayers Annd Good Thoughts For Luke

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

Can he have pepcid or carafate to help his tummy feel better? Worth trying.

Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

how scary :( :( :(

sending prayers for your Luke!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Sending my many prayers for Luke and his family. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Yes we did x-rays Did not see anything. He is drinking. He act like he want to eat till he starts then he walks away.

Spencer has done this too in the recent past. We know he has a problem in his small intestine and malabsorption, but we don't yet know why. We're checking his fecal sample now for bacteria.

He lost weight really quickly (8 lbs. in 2 wks) on prednisone despite eating a lot. So the internist took him off the prednisone, saying that's why he lost the weight. (Not everyone seems to agree on that, and maybe it depends on the underlying condition, but Spencer has regained 6 lbs. in the last two weeks since discontinuing it.)

When you say Luke's bloodwork was terrible, which things were bad?

Good luck, hang in there, and keep us posted. Several GTers have had pups with similar symptoms and may be able to offer good suggestions. And if nothing else, we're always there for support.

Edited by greyhead
Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

Luke is up and down today. Earlier today he had no color to his gums.but now he does and he ate some chicken and deer meat. We are still waiting on a tick panel. This is day 2 of predisone. I call the vet tomorrow morning to give him an update and see what we do next. Than you for the prayers and good thoughts. Please keep them coming to help my boy get better and we figure out what all is going on.

We will re do blood work next week i think. I can not even remember what all was wrong with his blood.

After the vet said Luke is a really sick boy and it not good i don't remember much.

Guest Winterwish

Sending get well wishes and prayers for Luke! I'm sorry he's sick and hope he gets well soon.

That's very good he ate a bit,and meat sources at that.

Ensure can be very important to keep on hand,vanilla. I usually added either milk or half and half as well to make it more enticing if need be.

After the vet said Luke is a really sick boy and it not good i don't remember much.

This bring me back quite a few years to Bud.The vet told me the exact thing. But what I want to tell you is that Bud came through like a champ, so please, hang in there and give Luke a hug from us.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I've heard that before, and things have still turned around. It is scary, I know. Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts for Luke.

Syringe feeding is fairly easy and does get the nutrients in there.

Edited by carronstar