Gold/yellowish Poop

Guest lauri

Clark's poops have been brown. This morning it was a goldish color.

Hasn't had anything different in the diet except he's been on 3V Caps (fish ois, omega 3s) for almost two weeks.

Any worries?

the greyhound who laid the golden poop :lol actually, I don't know, it sounds like he must've had something different...a new treat maybe? I don't really think the fish oil would do that...Holly's been getting fish oil forever and never laid a golden poop!

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Yellow poop can signify EPI, a pancreatic insuffiency issue. But, usually the dog is pretty sick and losing weight if that's the case.

If he's otherwise OK, I wouldn't sweat it.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest RocketDog

Ours have yellow poops if they've eaten too much bone, but I don't think you feed raw... if there aren't any other symptoms, I'd probably just discount it (for now) but still watch his poops for the next few days just to be sure it's not a trend.

How much of the fish oil are you giving?

If I were in your position, I might consider stopping the fish oil for a few days and see if the poop gets back to a normal color. Fish oil should not do this but, it can't hurt to stop for a few days.

Also, check and see where the origin of the fish is along with where the gel cap is assembled. You could have some "not up to standard" product.

Guest Greensleeves

Whistler's poop was that color the entire 7 years he lived with us. For him, it was totally normal.

When we switched Nelly to home prepared diet for her kidney disease, her poop turned to that color. I don't know if it was the food, or her supplements, or the kidney disease (tho' that's the least likely, since she had lifelong renal insufficiency and the color change corresponded exactly with the diet change). I will say that one of the things that was part of her kidney regimen was daily 3-V caps--fish oil. So that may be your culprit after all.

Guest Winterwish

I've read that it can be a sign of giardia tho',so it may be good to bring in a sample. Hopefully it's just from maybe the coloring used in the capsule of the omega 3's.

I remembered today that I had given him a sample packet of fish and sweet potato kibble to see how he'd like it. Sweet potato = golden!

And THAT was the ONLY thing different in the last couple of days.

Thanks everyone, but yes...I'm going to keep an eye on this just in case.

Guest ChasesMum

heh, I'd say you found the culprit. I was going to say that he may have swiped something when you werent looking, but I'd say the sweet potatoe did it.

heh... the greyhound that laid the golden poop. HILARIOUS!

Guest Greensleeves

Ack!! You know what? In Nelly's last days, sweet potato chips were one of the only things she really *wanted* to eat. So we gave her as many as she wanted.

I think you've found (y)our answer! :lol