Skin Problem

Guest Amy_Bee

Guest Amy_Bee

Gretchen has always had a weird rough patch on her belly that's dark, but the vets she has seen have never said anything about it. Tonight I was petting her and noticed that it now looks green (2.5 years after I noticed it)! It looks almost like mold growing on her belly. It doesn't look any larger than before, though. Does anyone have any experience with this? I plan to call the vet tomorrow and ask, but I've noticed that sometimes greytalkers recognize things quicker than vets. Thanks in advance.

Lots of greys have callused-like skin on their chests from laying in their cages (my Copper for one), though it usually starts going away once they're laying on soft beds and couches.

Is it actually turning green or it it fading into her skin color? Picture? I suppose it could be some sort of fungus like athletes foot in humans. Best bet is to ask your vet - don't wait for them to bring it up. Unless your vet is really greyhound savvy it might not even be noticed.

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

It sounds like blackheads to me.

Depending on what your vet says tomorrow, you can douse a cottonball with astringent (or witch hazel) and just lightly treat it each night and see if that will clear it up.

That helped Bull back when I first got him and he had that same blackish patch of blackheads (never turned green though. I'll be interested to hear what the vet has to say about that).

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16