Thane Cut His Foot

Back from the vet again.

My regular vet cleaned cleaned Thane's foot and he indeed was still bleeding. When the bandage was removed it was soaked with blood inside.

Now he has liquid bandage on it. We go back for a bandage change Thursday. My little man is sound asleep now. :nappy

Bigbrindlebunny, I have the large Pawz. But the bandages on Thane's foot are too big to get the Paws on him. Unbandaged it would fit him. I know none of mine, ranging from 77-92 lbs., would fit in a medium.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest agroshong
Back from the vet again.

My regular vet cleaned cleaned Thane's foot and he indeed was still bleeding. When the bandage was removed it was soaked with blood inside.

Now he has liquid bandage on it. We go back for a bandage change Thursday. My little man is sound asleep now. :nappy

Bigbrindlebunny, I have the large Pawz. But the bandages on Thane's foot are too big to get the Paws on him. Unbandaged it would fit him. I know none of mine, ranging from 77-92 lbs., would fit in a medium.

Glad to hear he was okay and still just bleeding a bit. Axel at first had three sutures then had to get a fourth which did the trick for his very similar injury. Bandage changes were clean and clear after that. Thang will be back to zooming in no time, I'm sure!

Aww poor Thane. Jake did that almost exactly one year ago on some ice. Luckily just a cut, but it took ages to heal. That was when I found out about Pawz disposable boots. The guy on the website I posted about sent me a free gift because so many GTers ordered them, he sold out.

Praying for an uneventful healing for Thane. Buddy, just leave it along and let it heal.

Not to hijack a thread...but my boy has been dealing with a paw injury, and then the scar tissue, for about 6 months. I'm tuned into Thera-Paws, and they are awesome, but I had never heard of Pawz disposable boots. So I just checked them out and I'm tempted to order. I've got a couple of questions first:

1. What size should I get? The site says Greyhounds are a Medium, is that true?

2. How many times can you reuse them (generally speaking)?

Thanks for any help/information!

I bought the large, they are purple. It fits fine over a light bandage and vet wrap. They still fit on bare feet.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest greytmonty
Back from the vet again.

OUCH, just seeing this. Hope he is feeling better now.

Baytril is VERY expensive. These darn evets hand it out like candy. Can he be on a different antibiotic?

Back from the vet again.

OUCH, just seeing this. Hope he is feeling better now.

Baytril is VERY expensive. These darn evets hand it out like candy. Can he be on a different antibiotic?

The Baytril was given by injection at the E-vet. He's on Cephalexin for the next 2 weeks. I'll keep him on the Tramadol for the next few days so he stays calm/less active and doesn't re-open the wound. It was nasty. :puke

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest agroshong
The Baytril was given by injection at the E-vet. He's on Cephalexin for the next 2 weeks. I'll keep him on the Tramadol for the next few days so he stays calm/less active and doesn't re-open the wound. It was nasty.

I like doing Tramadol in combo. I find with Axel it keeps the edge off a bit and let the rimadyl really do its job. But, trying to keep a zoomy hound on bedrest is tough! <_< Best of luck getting him to lay around the house. Axel was trying to run the stairs and setup a racetrack in the kitchen within the first week.

Hey Ducky,

I emailed you this link, but thought I would put it here too...these things are greyt!!!! and very inexpensive. Marilyn uses them on the broken leg doggies and others with foot problems. Keeps them nice and clean, dry, and are light weight and they stay on. Give Thane a hug and a kiss for me! :kiss2

j

http://www.cleanbreakprotector.com/

Hey Ducky,

I emailed you this link, but thought I would put it here too...these things are greyt!!!! and very inexpensive. Marilyn uses them on the broken leg doggies and others with foot problems. Keeps them nice and clean, dry, and are light weight and they stay on. Give Thane a hug and a kiss for me! :kiss2

j

http://www.cleanbreakprotector.com/

Thanks Janet, I will definitely be ordering one of these today.

tiny hada siggy.png

Better. He's putting some weight on the foot. I tried to give him a break from wearing the muzzle but he started fussing with his bandage so I put it back on.

When my vet walked into the exam room yesterday I had Thane's muzzle sitting on the exam table. Thane was standing behind the table where the vet couldn't see him. Vet started laughing - he saw the muzzle and thought he was going to have to deal with a vicious dog. :rofl

tiny hada siggy.png

Better. He's putting some weight on the foot. I tried to give him a break from wearing the muzzle but he started fussing with his bandage so I put it back on.

When my vet walked into the exam room yesterday I had Thane's muzzle sitting on the exam table. Thane was standing behind the table where the vet couldn't see him. Vet started laughing - he saw the muzzle and thought he was going to have to deal with a vicious dog. :rofl

Oh yeh, that Thane is a vicious one :lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Oh yeh, that Thane is a vicious one :lol

Poor Thane. He is not vicious . But that is funny, Ducky. Give Thane a big hug from us

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]