Hello From Nova!

Guest greyzykel

Guest greyzykel

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while and decided to finally jump in!

We don't have our own greyhound yet but are seriously thinking about one (we moved twice last summer just so we could have a dog-allowed apartment!)

But since everyone likes pictures... ;) Here's the guy responsible for us wanting a needlenose, my in-laws' big handsome VAGA boy Dash, (can't remember his racing name at the moment) who's 7 now :)

3186720961_855ce6765d_m.jpg

If you happen to be walking your talldogs in Old Town Alexandria, come by the knitting store - we keep dog treats under the counter! :colgate

Welcome to GT from Ontario, Canada! Dash is a handsome fellow. I hope your plans for adoption goes successfully and you find the right pup for you.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:welcome Hi and welcome from Southern California! Dash is a handsome boy......I hope you are able to adopt a greyhound of your own soon!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest VaGreymom

:welcome from Spotsylvania, and another VAGA member.

A knitting store, hmmm. I am looking for a paticular yarn and checked the store here in Fredericksburg but no luck.....

Guest Javagirl
If you happen to be walking your talldogs in Old Town Alexandria, come by the knitting store - we keep dog treats under the counter! :colgate

OOOOHhhhhh!!! How cool. We'll come soon. Welcome to the board and we hope you will be able to get your grey when the time is right.

Kristyn and Ladd

Guest greyzykel
:welcome

GPA-NoVA is doing a Meet & Greet at the Books-A-Million in Old Town this Saturday, January 17. Stop in if you need a greyhound fix. :)

Oh cool! If we aren't super busy at the shop I'd love to come over and have some greyhounds lean on me ;)

Guest greyzykel
:welcome from Spotsylvania, and another VAGA member.

A knitting store, hmmm. I am looking for a paticular yarn and checked the store here in Fredericksburg but no luck.....

We ship! :) What yarn are you looking for? Are you on Ravelry? I'm dreadpiratekel over there :lol

Guest greyzykel

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

It will be a little while still before we're ready to adopt - we're still partly living out of boxes and have no couch, LOL! (Thanks to the Great Water Leak Incident of 2008 that made us move in the first place...)

It's fine for US to sit on the floor, but we've gotta get a couch for the greyhound, right? ;)

Welcome from SEPA. They're worth the wait (as you already know from Dash.) I waited 18 years till my hubby came around and my son's were old enough.

Mom to:

Littermates Ringo (Pak Sgt Pepper)at the bridge, Paul (Pak Penny Lane) and John (Pak Let it Be). The three reunited Beatle Brothers.

• 11 months later...

Welcome to Greytalk! My husband and I have just moved to Alexandria with our three hounds. Next time we have them out in Old Town, we'll stop by.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.