Canine Influenza?

Guest Shermanator

Guest Shermanator

I received a notice from our local greyhound rescue group about the Canine Influenza going around right now in hounds.

I have noticed Sherman' eyes have been a little 'weepy' over the past 2 weeks, and he has recently started sneezing a little more, and snorting a little more. Not too much more, just a little. There has been no change in his eating, drinking, playing and lounging. :) Patton is fine.

Do I need to worry? I am keeping an eye on him, to look for behavior changes, and I see nothing.

I wouldn't be concerned at this point. If he were coughing frequently, feverish, or had other signs of illness, then you'd want to check in with your vet. :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Pups just like people can develop allergies at any time during their lives. You can give him some Benadryl and see if that doesn't dry him up a bit. Unless he's a really small boy you can give him 50mg. Benadryl comes in 25mg. pills so 2 should do it unless you'd like to start him off at 25mg. and see if that does the trick.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee