My Foster Keith Is Finally Gaining Weight

Update: 1/10

He's up to 65.4 lbs :yay

Less than 5 more to go

He also has a odd lump on the back of his leg so I got that looked at while at the vet yesterday. It's nothing but I need to keep an eye on it.

He's also really coming out of his shell with me. He jumpes all over the place when I get home or when we get up in the morning.

He's playing more as well.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I picked up Keith the middle of Nov and he was neutered a few days after we got back. He had really runny poop for about a month. I was really getting worried as he was loosing weight and down to 61 lbs (he should be close to 70). He was 65 when I got him.

I think the food that the fosters eat just wasn't agreeing with him so it took a long time for his stools to firm up. I was giving him 1/2c pumpkin twice a day and stopped that the week of Christmas.

I am happy to report that he gained almost 2 lbs when I had him weighed last week (he was weighed 2 weeks before that)

I think now that he's finally settled into a routine here and feeling much more comfortable, he's finally not so nervous and his tummy isn't upset anymore.

I am able to give him treats now without worrying about runny poop in a few hours :yay

I hope to get more weight on him before he's adopted

Here's Keith

Staring_dog.jpg

Edited by Wonder

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

What a sweet face......

:clap for weight!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Thank goodness for the good news!

Fatten up, Keith boy. You need to be in optimum condition because you'll be heading to your forever home shortly!

• 2 weeks later...

I love to see positive update in H&M. Greyt job!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project