It Just Never Stops Here.

RobinM

I had posted a week ago that Beau's tummy was really off. It's now going on 2 weeks. I brought him in last saturday. He got a shot that was supposed to make him feel better. She said there is something going around.

Keep him on pedcid 2x a day and if it hadn't gotten better by Tuesday (last Tuesday) start Flagyl. I did. I haven not been diligent with the flagyl because there were days he did not need it. But I have been diligent with the pedcid. Today his tummy sounds like the 4th of July, again - he has not eaten breakfast, even after the pedcid (which he usually will) and Flagyl.

I'm a a point....

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

You need to be diligent with the flagyl and give every day as your vet prescribed until gone. It's part antibiotic (why you have to give it continuously) and part antiinflammatory.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

There was no amount of time for it to be given as its DHs and we are using it since we have it, but yes, I will keep him on it for a least a week and speak to her about this on Monday.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

We have been having that issue with Higgins (Gracie & Gus' Uncle in my office) - if he is depressed especially, he will not eat, and when he does not eat, his tummy gets all funky - you can hear it clear across our office. Plus, they recently moved and he has been getting into something there - we think a plant of some sort that also makes his tummy funky. If I coax him to eat he usually does better within the hour - but in order to do that it usually means hand feeding to get him started so that he will finish off his meal.

I am so sorry that Beau's tummy is still funky though - did they test for a bug or anything when they gve him a shot? Hoping he feels better soon and you too :grouphug

sorry Beau is still poorly, is he generally sensitive? I ask because Fletcher has IBD, and every so often, he will have a couple of "off" days with a rumbley tummy, then he's back to normal. I hope it clears up soon!

Beau is of all of my pack, the most sensitive in all ways.

What can you tell me about IBD? I realize that the vet will be the one who makes the diagnosis but if you could give me the short version, I'd appreciate it. Symtons, how it's diagnosed, etc.

This has been very recent. It started about 2 weeks ago and it was not consistant. Normally, 1/2 hour after he had a pedcid, he would be eating, but not today. He did eat well for dinner. Kibble, chicken and rice.

He normally is not eating breakfast with gusto and dinner he eats, but he would rather have treats than dinner. I don't know if it's a coininsidence or not, but I think it's been happeneing more after I mix in wet food with his meal. If I give him some boiled chicken, it's been better. But like I said, I don't know if it's coinindence.

He is very thin, actually he is at his racing weight but normally eats well. He is the most picky of the 3 of them. I do not include Polli in on this as she is a totally seperate issue! But I do know where he gets his pickiness from!