Correct Immodium Dosage?

Stoney

Quick!

One/both (? :blink: ) of my boys has MAAAAADD diarrhea! I'm pretty sure it's Stoney, but I'll be dosing both just to be safe.

It started yesterday after they both got into the lunch and cookies I left out (luckily even though they were chocolate chip cookies, there were only 6 left and didn't have much chocolate in them at all) but something in the lunch disagreed with their stomachs. Yesterday at 3am Stoney woke me up with a big stinky pile in the closet and I came home to two more stinky piles. They didn't get breakfast or dinner yesterday and didn't get dinner tonight - I'll be making boiled turkey and rice for tomorrow. But in the mean time it's immodium for the both of them!

Ok, great! I knew there would be some smart people here who could help!

FINALLY they have both settled down and are napping peacefully. I think Beans has a touch of it too - so maybe something is 'off' with their kibble....? Earlier he was stretching a lot - play bow then rear leg stretch then play bow stretch repeat repeat repeat - his tummy must be bugging him. :(

I've always been told 1 the 1st time unless dog is tiny, them 1/2 for followup doses.

This is what my vet told me too. My vet also advised me not to feed ground or any other type turkey when there is tummy problems like the big D. For some reason turkey sometimes acts like a laxative. Boiled hamburger (beef) or boiled chicken, boiled to rinse out as much fat as possible.