Mango's Had A Setback

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending more prayers for precious Mango. Hurry home sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I sure hope Mango keeps the positive progress and that next week she can come home.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Well, I'm early tonight with an update. First, thanks for you continued concern and prayers. Mango is doing better.

Dr Bowe removed the necrotic tissue and irrigated the wound after getting it to drain quite a bit. Then he put a drain in and is optimistic that she will start feeling better now. I spoke to one of the techs just about an hour ago and she said Mango already is doing better. Her temp is coming down (I didn't know about that part until Dr Bowe mentioned it while he was doing the procedure) and she was getting herself up. She's still not walking much, and still weak, but she was bright-eyed and responsive today, even to me (might have had to do with the leash in my hand - didn't think about it until she sat up when I came into the room).

Now, you're probably wondering about how Dr Bowe was talking to me while he was doing the procedure. Turns out I gave them a 'First' today: both of my dogs were being treated at the same time this afternoon. (They gave me a first too: they let me come back and observe the procedure on Mango while we were waiting on xrays for Takoda, my grey/deerhound mix.)

Takoda, not to be outdone by Mango, went down in the hind end this morning. As of this writing, he's still down, which has my heart sinking. Dr Bowe gave him a shot of "fast acting steroid" and a 12-day treatment of oral prednisone. Xrays showed nothing out of the ordinary, but responses to stimuli on his left hind leg were slow. That foot is knuckling under, but the other hind leg is just weak. He was getting up and taking a few steps, then resting, but this afternoon, he's not even doing that. Dr Bowe thinks it's either neurological, or that he was born with a defect that's just manifesting itself now. I've started the order process for an assistance harness - can't hurt to have it on hand, even if this miraculously corrects itself. And I'm going in search of an acupuncturist, although I doubt that I'll be able to get him treated over the weekend.

I feel like I need to wake up now - this bad dream can't go on forever, can it? Or maybe I've po'd someone and have a curse over my head? Whatever it is, it can stop now. I've learned enough lessons now to last me a lifetime...

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Guest vahoundlover

Oh Kate :cry1:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug Adding Takoda to the prayers. I just don't know what to say, I can only imagine how you must be feeling.

Don't give up, find an acupunturist, I'm sure Diane can help you with that. Takoda CAN pull thru this, Bossy did!

Takoda had babesia when GU got him, and went through the Imizol treatment for it. I made sure I told Dr Bowe about that today in case it was a factor. My poor fuzzy boy has had a tough, short life so far.

Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

You are and will continue to be in my prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:grouphug Sending many prayers for you and Mango and Takoda. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you.
Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Just got back from visiting Mango at the vet's. I'd like to say that she's doing better, but she's not. She was panting and shivering intermittently the whole time I was there. Her temp is normal, and they're trying to take her off IV fluids. The wound is draining - a lot, to me - but they say that what they want. It wasn't draining properly before they opened it up yesterday.

They are in touch with Dr Darbro, and keeping an eye on her. I requested that they give me updates through the weekend, as well. I'd like to not have any surprises like I did last weekend.

So, I wish the news was better, but I'm trusting that they know what they are doing. I've never had cause to doubt them before, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt now, even though it's hard.

Greyhounds Unlimited

Guest greytfulhounds

Continuing to send prayers and healing thoughts to Miss Mango. We love you sweetie and are praying that you will be home with your momma soon. :kiss2:grouphug:getwell

Guest greydogluvr

I am so sorry for Mango's set back. I know the feelings you are having quite well. I just has a touch and go adventure with my Clementine. It is excruciating. Please know that CA is sending strong get well vibes to your sweet pup.