The New Greyhound On The Block

Guest ladylibrarian

Guest ladylibrarian

Ta da......

Everyone this is George--the big, beautiful new man in my life. He is my first grey; I have had him for a week as of today. I am amazed at how much this bugger sleeps.....LIKE 23 hours a day. I wish I were that lucky :P He is still adjusting; we are having a wee bit of separation issues, oh well hopefully they will easy up as my neighbors are pissed...grumpy people.

I am so excited to now be a part of this awesome group of people.

Okay pics

000_0013-1.jpg

000_0007.jpg

000_0014.jpg

000_0017.jpg

Edited by ladylibrarian

Guest KateWantsaGrey

hello hello! Give him some time, you will notice the seperation issues calm down and he will probably have more energy as he gets to know you and wants to interact with you more. When Pace first came home he only got up to eat and go out (and sometimes it was a struggle just to get him up and out of the house) but over the last few months he has really come to life! Welcome to greytalk!

hi, and welcome aboard.

i am sure when he calms down and settles in he will sleep longer, so don't worry about his insomnia. they do eventually wake up long enough for you to put food in one end and to let you take them out to get rid of it from the other.

oh, and don't let him sleep too near the walls, greyhound farts have been known to peel the paint off. he's not really decomposing from the inside out, just smells like it. they usually get better after he's settled in a bit more, but invest heavily in an air-freshener company of your choice. incense sticks are your friend. good thing the outside of them does not smell. until they roll in the dead rat they found out on their walkies.

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Guest the36thchamber

I have a red fawn too :D Lego was a weirdo when we first got him, I think he just felt out of place but he has settled in very nicely. As far as the separation training went, it took some work and trying a few different things but he's eventually calmed down. He isn't completely perfect and silent while we're gone but he's far better than he was when we brought him home. Good luck and welcome.

Guest ladylibrarian

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I think that George's seperation issues are getting a little better. I have plugged in a DAP diffuser and put him on rescue remedy (as was suggested by my adoption corordinator--who seems to be the greyhound whisperer :colgate) The 36thchamber what eventually worked for you and Lego (knarly names by the way)?

Guest BoogieDown

Welcome to you and to George! Tell your neighbors to get out more. If they're not home all the time, they can't hear the dog complaining.

Boy, in the "Santa's Helper" picture, you can totally tell that he's plotting his revenge... watch out!

:welcome2 Hello from New York to you and your handsome George. My first hound was also a red fawn-he was my heart dog :blush

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Greetings from Gainesville, Florida, and congratulations on George. He is very handsome!!

:welcome:confetti

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest FrostyBottoms

Hi George! You are gorgeous! Welcome to your forever home big guy! Your going to make your mom so happy....her heart will soon feel like it's going to bust open with all the love it's holding inside!