Sentinel To Interceptor Switch

Would it be any kind of a big deal to switch from Sentinel to Interceptor?

While at the e-vet with a friend's dog we had time to talk meds. The vet suggested Interceptor since it is less expensive and periodically use Comfortis for flea control as needed.

I'll be asking my regular about this soon but would like to hear your experiences/suggestions.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

It would be no big deal at all, they are identical products except the Interceptor does not have the "flea birth control" that Sentinel does.

Some do Sentinel in the "flea season" and Interceptor other times.

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

Guest greyvettech

I prefer Sentinel(milbemycin oxime-lufenuron) to Interceptor (milbemycin oxime)-Both protect against heartworms,hook,rounds, whips- but Sentinel has program (lufenuron) in it as well which sterilizes the flea when the dog is bitten- I also use Comfortis once monthly....I don't think you can have too much protection..not in Florida anyways..

Both are good products...Interceptor is def better for the wallet....

Guest greyvettech
Comfortis is new and there have been reactions.

I agree with you- Any dog that has epilepsy is to NEVER take comfortis... Otherwise, at the clinic I work at, we have had two complaints of vomiting...one patient tried it again, and her dog could not tolerate it-the other, tried it again and was fine. With comfortis, you have to give it with a full meal(not a snack)...If not, it will not work properly and/or the dog may vomit..Overall, we have greater success with Comfortis than Frontline or advantage...The big plus is you don't have to worry about using a soap free shampoo and washing the topicals off...You can bathe your dog as much as you want, with whatever you want since it is oral.....I was a little skeptical at first about giving it to my greys, but it works great for them and they have had no reactions.