Artemisinin

Guest greydogluvr

Guest greydogluvr

I read on Dr. Couto's site about artemisinin. Does anyone here use this as part of their cancer treatment? If so do you have dosage amounts? I have given it in the past but did not remember the dosage. Thank you so much.

Yes, we are using it. We are actually using artemix which can only be bought at http://www.hepalin.com/artemix.htm

That has the correct amount of artemisinin in it.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

this is what I was told

"Thanks, Audrey;

We use artemisinin from Holley Pharmaceuticals (http://holleypharma.com/). I would use 100 mg once a day (no meat or meat products with it). Good luck!

We give the artemisinin at first time in the morning with peanut butter or other fatty (non-meat) treats, since artemisinin binds iron in the meat and it doesn't work as well.

Hope it helps and thanks so much for the donations!! it is so nice from you and all the Greyhound people.

Please let me know if any question

"

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

I started Bodie out on 100 mg of artimisinin and then increased it to 200mg when he developed lung mets. I don't believe that you can overdose with arti., as I was told at OSU that a study there was giving 4,500 MG once a week. That's 45 pills!

I don't know if it worked or not, but I know that Bodie exceeded his predicted lifespan by 4 months and something kept him going!

Guest greydogluvr

FYI Holley Pharmaceuticals (http://holleypharma.com/) is having a Holiday Sale On Artimisinin

I cut and pasted it from their website.

Sales: can not be combined with other offers. Valid thru January 31st, 2009 - No promotion code needed

-Buy 2 bottles of ArteMin50 at regular price, get 1 bottle of ArteMin50 Free. Just type "1 Free ArteMin50", in the Special Instruction when checkout, free bottle will be shipped automatically

- Buy 2 bottles of ArteMin100 at regular price, get 1 bottles of ArteMin100 Free. Just type "1 Free ArteMin100", in the Special Instruction when checkout, free bottle will be shipped automatically

I used the Artemisinin from Holley Pharmaceuticals as well and have recommended it to others. To date we really don't know if it helps or not... we only know it works against cancer in the lab... not proven in the dog yet. But I figure it can't hurt so why not???

Bill

Lady

Bella and Sky at the bridge

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anabele France

FeemanSiggy1.jpg

Guest BasilMom

I used it for my Holly last year. She had Osteosarcoma in her right shoulder. She lasted six months from her diagnosis,specialtists didn't give her that much time. I think it was able to prolong her time with us.