Very Sick Greyhound

Guest Lizardstone01

Guest Lizardstone01

I have a 10 year old grey who in usually in very good health. Tuesday morning we woke up to her vomiting. We dismissed it as we thought she had just overeaten. By 3:00, she was continued to vomit and become very weak so we rushed her to the Dr. They gave her IV fluids, checked her blood & gave ran some X-rays. Everything came back normal so we are at a loss. One thing that we did notice was that the inside of her ears and her "armpits" were extremely red.

She came home with us last night and she hasnt really moved since then (other than to get comfortable). She is still pretty hydrated & has not vomited since 4:00 yesterday afternoon. They did give her an antivomiting medication so I am unsure if this is why she has not vomited. Any one experiance anything like this? We have a follow up appointment today at 3:00 but I am so concerned. After a 700 vet bill, we are a little concerned that we will not be able to do much more medically.

Hope things go better at the followup appointment. Let us know.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

is there any chance that sometime in the night she could have eaten something she shouldn't have? Like a house plant or some medication? That is the only thing I can think of.

Guest SoulsMom

You said she got fluids, were they SubQ? Could they be pooling under her arms and causing the skin to rub?

Hope the vet visit went well today :grouphug

Edited by SoulsMom

Sending prayers for your girl. Hope she's back to normal tomorrow. Please let us know.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead