Advantage Versus Frontline?

Guest Greensleeves

Guest Greensleeves

To be honest, I don't think I even realized these were two different products! We've been using Frontline, but I just got a coupon for Advantage in the mail, and started wondering if one was better/preferable than the other. Since we've never, ever seen fleas, and only get out the FL when there's a tick sighting, I'm not particularly attached to any product or brand.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

We prefer Frontline as that is the only one we've ever used (when we need to use it) If price is a factor, you can find FL online MUCH less expensive than the vet.

There is also a poll somewhere here on GT - RE: which flea meds are used and why.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I have been using Advantage for 6 years and have never had a problem with fleas. Advantage only kills fleas not ticks.

That's the main reason I use Frontline over Advantage.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/TgrrValily/CookieMac2009pt2/siggyyayayayayay.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Buddy James, Cookie Dough, Shelby, and Mac. My angels :angelwings:angelwings:angelwings:angelwings

New dog mom to dachshunds Ginger and Ruger :banana:banana

Since our Vet feels that ticks are rather scarce down in our area, we use the least amount of chemicals possible to combat fleas only.So we use Advantage.

I don't want to over medicate Anna.

I also underdose Anna and Advantage still does the job effectively.

If we had a tick problem down here too, I would use Frontline.