Remembering Sweet Things They Did...

Guest Heehoo

Guest MonsterMomma

This is the third time I've attempted to write this post. :brokenheart

My heart-dog Diego and I had a very intense devotion to each other. He was my boy, and I loved him best of all. He used to help me when I was having trouble walking. If he saw me struggling, he'd quietly come along side me and let me hold onto his shoulder to steady myself. He also monitored me if I took a nap to make sure my blood sugar didn't drop, and if it did, he'd nudge me awake and get my DH to help me. He could also detect if I was about to have a seizure and make sure I was sitting down so I couldn't fall, and then alert DH. I can't even count how many times he saved my bacon.

In the end, our roles were reversed. When Diego was diagnosed with osteo at age 11, I put my life on hold to take care of him 24/7. I helped him walk, held him up when he was eating or doing his business in the yard, monitored him carefully to keep his pain levels under control, and massaged his back and legs when the muscles spasmed. I owed it to him to do anything possible to ease his suffering.

Not a day goes by that we don't reminisce about our beautiful boy and how incredibly special he was. I'll miss him every day of my life.

Rusty was my Heart Dog. :cry1:brokenheart

I miss seeing his sweet face in the morning when I wake up.

I miss seeing his smile when I come home.

I miss when he was outside & I would go out, he would come running to me

when he noticed me.

I miss how when we went for a walk, he Never pulled on the leash, I would have to keep checking

to make sure he was still on the leash.

I miss everything about my sweet gentle boy. :cry1

He loved playing with kids!

3onatoy-1.jpg

He loved the snow.

Rustyjumping21707.jpg

He loved his big ball.

IgotitforyaAbby.jpg

He had endless patience for his little brother.

Beanieresting.jpg

Loving his little brother.

Naptime.jpg

He was my Perfect boy. :brokenheart:gh_face

I know how hard this is to write about...it conjures up hurtful memories. But I've had to smile & laugh at some of the stories. They bring so much happiness to our lives when they're here with us & so much sadness when they leave.

I started this thread because BuyCut made me laugh all the time, he just had this kind of personality that made me laugh rather than get mad at him for anything. He'd pass gas if he didn't want me to snuggle with him. He'd hog the bed at night & sometimes I'd wake up freezing because he stole all the covers.

When I first met him, he was at a high level of heartworms. But his personality & attitude made me forget that he might die from the treatment. He went into the treatments for 4 months with a Go Get Em attitude & he never stopped twinkling!

He stole the hearts of so many people here on Greytalk & for all the love he gave me after what he went through, I will be forever grateful. I miss his funniness every day.

I miss so bad my every morning kiss from Champ to wake me up. There is so many other things but I would give anything to have that kiss back.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

My Sissy used to stand at the top of a staircase and do a deep downward-dog stretch, holding that position until I reached face-level as I was coming up said stairs... Then she'd pop forward and give me one quick smooch on the face as I got to the top. :kiss2 She was never a "kissy" girl. She did this to me and nobody else.

I miss that, among so may other things

:cry1

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest kaotic1

Oh geez... dang allergies!! I miss Jordan's greeting when we would get home. She did the strangest thing. She wouldn't bark but she would act like she was trying to talk to you... It was almost like her jaws were partially glue shut. She would try and try to say something but the words just weren't coming out. It was the FUNNIEST thing to watch.

Every night as i would go to bed she would meet me at the top of the stairs and I would give her the good night treat which she would take and run striaght for my bed and hop on it to eat it. Sammy does the same thing every night too. I never get tired of that!! Of course that means I can't get on my bed until they are done eating but... it's worth it!

We're finally heading into winter & last night was pretty cold. I got out the pj's for the boys - Faolin's had his for a while but I haven't bought new ones for Conor yet. I put him in my angel Liath's cherry flannels & although he looked silly, I knew she would have been happy to share with him. The last time they warmed a hound, they warmed her.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Loki died today.

He will never unmake my bed to his liking ever again...my sheets comforters and pillows will no longer serve as his bolsters at the foot of my bed.

My bed is so empty...

f_yellow:grouphug

gallery_17468_3098_7486.jpg
Dash (Mega Batboy), & forever missing Kipper (RD's Kiper, 2006-2015) & Souldog Dune (Pazzo Otis, 1994-2008)
"..cherish him and give him place with yourself for the rest of his but too short life. It is his one drawback. He should live as long as his owner."
James Matheson, The Greyhound: Breeding, Coursing, Racing, etc., 1929

Guest greytexplorer

:weep oh y'all, this is killing me...

Sam, my german shepherd went to the bridge almost exactly 3 years ago.

My kids and I still talk about/imitate the only phrase he ever learned to speak:

I DON"T KNOW

but it sounded like, RI RON"T ROW (the way Astro Jetson would say it)

I still miss my big lug......... :sad1

Guest HeatherDemps

I have many memories of snuggling with Dempsey on the couch. He'd lay by my legs with his head on my hip and we'd look each other in the eyes, and both of us would sigh with content. He knew my love for him and he loved no one like he loved his mama. He could tell when I was sick, when I was getting a migraine, when I'd had a bad day, or was just feeling blah and he took care of me.

Over three years later and the pain is still so raw and near the surface, unbelievable.

How I had to leave the shower door open during a thunder storm so Skye could snuggle safely in the bath tub.

Mostly, I miss the last thing we did every night once our routine was down. I would get into bed, and yell out "Skye Pup" and she would come trotting down the hallway and take her place in the bed. Every once in a while, when I am half asleep I still cry out "Skye Pup", only no trotting noise to follow.

Ya know, Pegasus started a ritual every night...he'd come in the bathroom & I'd be so tired...he'd stand there until I wrapped my arms around his neck & hug him. I'd usually let out this big sigh, sometimes I'd lay my head on his head & we'd just sit there. When he died, Dear started coming in there at night...its a small bathroom so not many can come in. When Dear got sick about this time last year, he'd still come in the bathroom for his nightly hug & sigh, but Jack got to where he'd squeeze in there too. So the 3 of us would just sit there hugging. Then when Dear died in January, Jack never missed a beat...he still to this day, comes in the bathroom at night to get his momma hug.

Guest greyhound

We have two Greys at present. Before we had Greys, we had a Beagle that loved to get in the laundry pile when we emptied the dryer.

When she passed away all that we could think to put on her marker was "Does God Have Warm Towels"?