Gas

Guest dogsroopy

Guest dogsroopy

I have only had my boy for a couple of months, he had some loose stools last week, which are gone now , but he has quite a bit of gas. He is laying on my floor asleep and just expels gas one after another. Should I worry ? I called the track vet who seems to think that he may have had some stomach bug that was going around in the kennel, but she didn't sound worried.

I doubt it's a stomach bug. Often it's the food. Poop consistency can vary during the day. Mine have a firm poop initially then subsequent poops are less shaped. Adding a teaspoon of plain yogurt might help with the gas.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Psi has to take acidophilus pills due to being lactose intollerent. He was way worse on the yogurt. But if your boy is fine on it keep it up.

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08