Urgent Question Re Morphine

Guest joedogs_mom

Guest joedogs_mom

Joe was given a morphine injection at approximately 10:00 am. He just "woke up" from it and is trying to get up and walk around. He can barely stand on his 2 back legs...is this normal? I assume so...any help appreciated.

I don't remember how long it lasted, but when Bailey had a morphine injection she was like a gumby doll, she couldn't coordinate anything and we had to carry her in and out of the house, but like I said, this was years ago and I don't remember how long it lasted...

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest joedogs_mom
I don't remember how long it lasted, but when Bailey had a morphine injection she was like a gumby doll, she couldn't coordinate anything and we had to carry her in and out of the house, but like I said, this was years ago and I don't remember how long it lasted...

thanks...i knew it would take awhile but i kinda thought after 4 hours he'd be a bit more with it. granted, he didn't sleep at all last night so maybe that's part of it, too.

Flash can not take Morphine. He was loopy for over 24 hours...vocalizing...walking into walls...falling....we could not calm him. Also it took him forever to wake up...It is on his records: NO Morphine. Also...a vet tech had to get in his crate with him...they were afraid he would hurt himself with the thrashing...then he got so worked up he had a fever. I hope your baby feels better soon. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest joedogs_mom

Joe's still zonked out...at least he is still though...he's only tried to get up once and that was several hours ago.

I'm hoping for a good day tomorrow. My husband and I have both cried today and are probably better prepared to let him go if we have to. : (

When Rex had it he fought it all night long. It was not good for him.

It seems to be the same way with humans, when I had to take it after knee replacement I was wide awake most of the time & didn't eat for a week.

Call me if you need any help when Peter goes out of town.

Guest joedogs_mom
When Rex had it he fought it all night long. It was not good for him.

It seems to be the same way with humans, when I had to take it after knee replacement I was wide awake most of the time & didn't eat for a week.

Call me if you need any help when Peter goes out of town.

Thank you so so much...much, much appreciated, friend.

Guest savvyprchick

Chase had morphine with his dental... took him nearly 12 hours before he could stand on all four legs without looking like he was going to sit down on the back two legs. Try to get some food in and dim lights and try to get them to sleep... like others have said. He'll be fine. It freaked me out too when I saw Chase like this.

Guest joedogs_mom
Chase had morphine with his dental... took him nearly 12 hours before he could stand on all four legs without looking like he was going to sit down on the back two legs. Try to get some food in and dim lights and try to get them to sleep... like others have said. He'll be fine. It freaked me out too when I saw Chase like this.

he's much more alert now than a few hours ago. just drank some water -- won't eat yet. he did change positions and yelped when doing so. i am at least glad he is still...he didn't sleep at all last night. i am optimistic about tomorrow.