Not So Cute And Funny

Guest 4gryhnds

Guest 4gryhnds

Hi all,

I was just browsing when I went into "Cute and Funny Things.....". It is because of the loss of our grey, Ginny, that I write this note. Ginny was being treated for severe diarrhea. The treatment was not working. A simple xray would have told us that she had chewed a hard piece of plastic. The piece that she ingested was sharp and tore her bowel. She died on the table during emergency surgery to repair it. I do not know if immediate action could have prevented this, but I will never stop blaming myself (and the vet) for not being more aggressive with treatment of the diarrhea. I wish I could laugh with all of you, but I think of Ginny everytime the topic comes up. Ginny was very special, and she has taught me a lesson. Although, at this time none of my greys are chewers, I will never rule out the possibility of a foreign object being the cause of on going diarrhea.

In honor of Ginny & love for Rocky, Carson, Panda, and Danger

:grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

We can laugh at the naughtiness perhaps, but should never let our guard down on the possibility of something getting stuck as a result. I think sometimes people laugh out of nervous relief that their dog has done this and yet all is well.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Ginny. And I know how you feel, because I'm still kicking myself over the delay in diagnosing Susan's kidney cancer, and that must be six years ago now. I feel that our vet should have picked it up sooner, and I should have pushed for a referral sooner. As it was, she was put down at Cambridge vet school on the day she was diagnosed, because by that time it had spread everywhere, and she was was already having great difficulty breathing and had DIC. :(

Renie was a chewer. For this reason, I never give her rubber or plastic toys without supervision. Actually that pretty much means she doesn't get to play with them at all. She doesn't destroy stuffies.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

As others have said, we laugh now...but I worried with each occurrance. Emissary had an incidence of gastric hemmoraging and I am conscious of everything that he puts in his mouth. I am so sorry for your loss.