Fingers Crossed For Wally

macoduck

Wally had a skin growth pop up - dark, ugly, uneven borders, on the side of his rib cage. I've seen other benign bumps on my dogs before but this looks different.

Vet had a cancellation so we're leaving a few minutes.

I would like to believe the premise that the more I worry about things, the more often they turn out to be nothing.

:goodluck

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

We have our fingers (and paws) crossed that it will turn out to be something harmless.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Vet feels the skin growth is OK but we're to keep an eye on it. While she is new to this office, Dr. Santamaria dealt with many greyhounds in the DC area. The spot was quite bloody when she prodded it with her finger - not quite a growth, not quite a scab. She was amused that I circled the area with a black felt tip marker but also appreciative since you can get cross-eyed looked at brindles.

However, just before we went into the clinic Wally had to poop. It was slightly bloody and I took in a sample. Vet gave Wally some Forti Flora. He'd had a history of colitis before we adopted him last year at age 8.

We no sooner get outside than Wally has bloody diarrhea. Wally was given Flagyl 500mg / every 12 hours /for one week. He had a little bit more bloody diarrhea when we got home. Other than skipping breakfast all week, he has been drinking fine and eating his dinner. He is zippy and happy.

I must add that a box of Crispy Creme donuts goes a long way at my vet's office. I brought them a box last Monday morning. Usually I take donuts to Animal Control along with my contact info in case a greyhound gets turned in. AC wasn't open yet so vet office got those donuts instead.

As a result I was not charged for Wally's office visit today nor on Monday afternoon when Miss Pudge le mutt had tapeworms. I was only charged for meds both times.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm glad it's nothing serious and you were able to nip a few other problems while you were there.Donuts you say? Wonder if that would work on my vet's office. Nah...we're in Ca :lol

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Glad you got good news...now Wally baby get good poos ok? :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest LolasMom

Glad that it's nothing serious with Wally. Hopefully the Flagyl will do the trick in no time.

Donuts you say. Hep, that would make the day a little brighter at my job too! :P

Guest arlosmom
Wally had a skin growth pop up - dark, ugly, uneven borders, on the side of his rib cage. I've seen other benign bumps on my dogs before but this looks different.

Vet had a cancellation so we're leaving a few minutes.

I would like to believe the premise that the more I worry about things, the more often they turn out to be nothing.

:goodluck

I will do more than cross my fingers.

I am very happy to hear that it was nothing real serious, that is greyt news, we will continue to pray for a quick recovery and better poops. :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Glad to hear that Wally is on the mend. Maybe he should have a Crispy Creme too! (when his tummy has settled). I love his name by the way.

Wally is much better today. Happy poop. :)

Jerrybird, Wally's race name was Allen Hogg. His siblings all had Hogg as their last name. We have never changed the names of the dogs we adopted but we took one look at him and knew he was meant to be a Wally.

tiny hada siggy.png