Rusty & Nelly

Guest Greensleeves

Guest Greensleeves

So... Monday's here. We survived another day. :lol

First: Rusty's face is still pretty swollen from the mystery bite/sting/abscess/whatever, but our regular vets say they don't need to see him for a couple more days--we need to give the Benadryl and/or antibiotics a chance to bring the swelling down. I sort of thought if it *was* a bite/sting reaction, it should be better by now, but when we talked to the vets today, they all said that it could take 2-3 days. He still feels totally fine, although I think he must be absolutely knackered from the Benadryl (they have him on a whopping 75 mgs BID!). He and I took a loooooong nap together this afternoon.

Second, Miss Nelly had her second acupuncture treatment today, plus some bloodwork we were really dreading. Her BUN and creatinine were way up last Friday (creatinine had jumped from 4.8 to 5.6), and Doc warned us that if we couldn't bring that down, she'd probably have to have more IV therapy this week (which would probably mean going back to the hospital, getting another jugular catheter, etc etc). Frankly, we all felt like cr@p this weekend b/c of that news. Anyway, Doc increased her fluids from 750ccs to 1000 ccs (500 morning and night), and she actually really seemed to feel noticeably better.

...And the good news is that her numbers are down by 50%! That means she's still at a 5.2 creatinine, which is still horrible... but Doc seems satisfied with her progress and told us not to change anything. SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!! (yet, anyway) He gave us a new, even lower-protein diet to try on days she's interested in eating. I know we're still limping along toward an inevitable end, but it was beyond nice to get some "good" news for once.

Keep prayin' for her; she still needs that powerful GT white light!!

Pretty good news! I know your every emotion...we went through this with our little girl. Sending hugs and prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Holding both of your precious hounds in my prayers and sending lots of well wishes. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.