The Kids

patricia

Flashy had to go for his thyroid blood testing again on his new and lower dose of Soloxine. Took Pavé Maria along for moral support and a weight check. Her weight is rock solid at 66.6 and the Flashman... :eek 73.4 down from 85 ! B) That boy needed his Soloxine! We'll have the test results back tomorrow.

Edited by patricia

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

After all this, you are going to fast become the expert on thyroid issues! I know I learned from your posts about the Flashman. Hope the post pill is perfect!! I never realized that the thyroid could wreak such havoc. I know it can with people, but never realized with animals.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I went to a seminar yesterday given by Dr. Jean Dodds, an expert in canine immunology and thyroid disorders. I was absolutely blown away about how many different & weird symptoms there can be with hypothyroidism. I'm so glad you've nailed it down, that seems to be half the battle.

If you ever get a chance to attend one of her seminars, you should really consider going. She was a very good speaker, and the seminar was worth every cent.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Thanks. Yes...he has had some rough times over this thyroid issue...but we are getting there! The seminar sounds VERY interesting and I would have loved to have gone to that.

You know...my sister gained 20 pounds...had real dry skin and her hair was starting to thin. Her Doc did not listen to her nor did he listen regarding our Mom going into a hypothroid coma that was very serious. She changed docs...he ordered the testing for her and she started on her medication right away. She dropped the weight and is back to normal and feels better than she has in years. :)

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

I went to a seminar yesterday given by Dr. Jean Dodds, an expert in canine immunology and thyroid disorders. I was absolutely blown away about how many different & weird symptoms there can be with hypothyroidism. I'm so glad you've nailed it down, that seems to be half the battle.

If you ever get a chance to attend one of her seminars, you should really consider going. She was a very good speaker, and the seminar was worth every cent.

Isin't she great? Jean is a hero in this house! She has been a huge help to me many times, plus I adopted Wayne from her, so naturally she's our hero :lol She has also helped quite a few people here on GT with blood work, meds,etc

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Yeah! Dude goes in this week for his 6-weeks-off-soloxine test. He GAINED weight going off it - which was what he needed, he was a VERY skinny Dude! We'll see what happens, but I'm thinking he may need some level of supplementation.

YEAH, Flashman! And good for Pave' too!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Yeah! Dude goes in this week for his 6-weeks-off-soloxine test. He GAINED weight going off it - which was what he needed, he was a VERY skinny Dude! We'll see what happens, but I'm thinking he may need some level of supplementation.

I will be very interested to hear about Dude and his test results. Flashy was so sad off his meds...all he did was sleep and shiver and drop clumps of hair. :( I could NOT believe the weight that he gained and that 6 weeks was a long 6 weeks. He still has some very dry skin on his tummy that is peeling like what a sunburn would peel. He feels SO MUCH BETTER! Please let me know what you find out and hug Dude for me. I am glad he gained the weight he needed. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

I will be very interested to hear about Dude and his test results. Flashy was so sad off his meds...all he did was sleep and shiver and drop clumps of hair. :( I could NOT believe the weight that he gained and that 6 weeks was a long 6 weeks. He still has some very dry skin on his tummy that is peeling like what a sunburn would peel. He feels SO MUCH BETTER! Please let me know what you find out and hug Dude for me. I am glad he gained the weight he needed. :grouphug

Will do! I'm very interested to see how they come out. He was skinny, hyper, had no hair (well, he still has no hair! :D), and never gained an ounce no matter how much I fed him. He's put on a nice bit of weight, has not lost any hair, and seems much more able to control his excitability. I need to do some more research about sending his blood in to Dr Couto's place, or just go with the lab here.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Will do! I'm very interested to see how they come out. He was skinny, hyper, had no hair (well, he still has no hair! :D ), and never gained an ounce no matter how much I fed him. He's put on a nice bit of weight, has not lost any hair, and seems much more able to control his excitability. I need to do some more research about sending his blood in to Dr Couto's place, or just go with the lab here.

Dr. Couto and Dr. Feeman along with our vet helped us. I wanted to send Flashy's blood to Dr. Couto but he said that MSU does the tests that we needed. Hug Dude for me. :wub:

Usethisone.jpg

My Chloe too is a textbook example of Dr.Jeckle, Mr Hyde thyroid situation and the quality of her life is so improved (ours too because of her) once on the Soloxine.

Prayers for continued success for the Flashman!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project