Medication Question

Naples had her dewclaws removed in spring, after tearing/dislocating one. She was sent home with 75 mg tabs of Rimadyl, but we only gave her a couple, because she did not need much. So we have some left over (a good thing, if you ask me - hopefully we won't need it for anyone, but it's on hand in case.

Right now she's on 750 mg of clindamycin, twice a day for a vaginal infection. She has a painful toe (I'm guessing arthritis, due to her age, and the fact that I feel no inflammation or swelling). She's limping a *little*, but still running as normal. So we are keeping an eye on it for now.

But my question is, if her pain gets worse, is it okay to give her Rimadyl, while she's on the clindamycin, so she can have some pain relief before we get her to a vet for a check up? I can't imagine we will need the pain med, and I can't imagine it would be a problem, but I want to be sure...

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Well, I can tell you I just got home from the vet, came home with an antibiotic and Previcox so I would say no problem. Wayne is on Rimadyl and had to be on an antibiotic a few months ago, no problem. I hope Naples feels better, she is do darn pretty to hurt!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Same answer here. For example, if your dog has a dental with teeth pulled, he will get an antibiotic and pain meds. Not to worry.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

OH, DUH! Now that you all mention it, she had a dental at the same time as her dew claws. She was sent home with the Rimadyl, and DUH clindamycin!

I'm a dork! :blush

Edited by Sighthounds4me

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.