Starbucks

Guest 4gryhnds

Guest 4gryhnds

Hi, I'm new at this, but not so new with Greys. I have had as many as 6 at one time. My husband and I am now the proud cohabitants of 4...Panda,Carson,Danger,Rocky....

Today I had to leave Panda at our vet because she has severe diarrea. Monday we found out she had Pancreatitis, diarrea can be a symptom. The vet had asked if she had any really rich food in the past 2 weeks.....well about 2 weeks ago she managed to help herself to a large carmel frappachino from Starbucks! That will do it! It was sort of funny at the time, but I did call the vet as soon as it happened concerned that the caffine might harm her. I felt relieved that she had no side affects. But now, 2 weeks later, I realize how harmful it really was. Hopefully the meds he is giving her will relieve her discomfort. The cost of the vet, $$$$ but worth it! I have learned a lesson...don't blink when Panda is in the car with my frappachino!

Welcome to Greytalk!!!! I am so sorry about this and I really hope he gets better real soon, I have never thought of this hapening, thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. I am sending prayers for a quick recovery.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Hi, I'm new at this, but not so new with Greys. I have had as many as 6 at one time. My husband and I am now the proud cohabitants of 4...Panda,Carson,Danger,Rocky....

Today I had to leave Panda at our vet because she has severe diarrea. Monday we found out she had Pancreatitis, diarrea can be a symptom. The vet had asked if she had any really rich food in the past 2 weeks.....well about 2 weeks ago she managed to help herself to a large carmel frappachino from Starbucks! That will do it! It was sort of funny at the time, but I did call the vet as soon as it happened concerned that the caffine might harm her. I felt relieved that she had no side affects. But now, 2 weeks later, I realize how harmful it really was. Hopefully the meds he is giving her will relieve her discomfort. The cost of the vet, $$$$ but worth it! I have learned a lesson...don't blink when Panda is in the car with my frappachino!

Wow! Welcome and thanks for posting that. It is a very good warning/lesson for those of us who are caffeine dependent with a BIG sweet tooth and have curious greys. Carl has been know to steal a slurp of red wine when I'm not looking. Naughty boy.

I hope Panda recovers quickly.

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest 4gryhnds

Thanks for the welcome and the good wishes! I am glad to be here. Most ordinary people don't understand the amount of love, and $ that we put into our families. Now I have a place to vent!

Welcome to GT! My Cody was prone to gastritis & had pancreatitis twice! Poor baby...

Watch anything fatty for your pup from now on.

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Welcome aboard! :colgate Our Angel LaceyLaine had Pancreatitis and had several stays in ICU. It was horrible. Her first flare up came after surgery...stress brought hers on every time. Sending prayers your baby feels better real soon. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Welcome - and glad everything turned out ok! I have a coffee hound - Paradise will slurp up any coffee if it is in her reach so I know what it is like!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC