Any Idea What This Might Be?

Guest jurishound

Guest jurishound

Stormy has spots! The reddish black ones - not his speckle spots! He seemed to begin developing them around the time he was having liver issues and I showed them to the vet, who simply said they weren't causing his current symptoms :huh Anyone out there know what they might be before we head to the dermatologist? Sorry for the poor photo quality!

IMG_0753-1.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

Edited by jurishound

They do look like little hematomas...and not to alarm you needlessly, but I've read that hemangiosarcoma can cause "blood blisters". Your Vet has seen them and isn't worried? Are they on the skin, or under the skin?

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

To me they look like perhaps your dog was giving himself a little chew to scratch something itchy and perhaps pinched his own skin. George occasionally gets mysterious little "bruise" like spots. They go away in a day or two. I think if your vet wasn't concerned, you shouldn't be either (unless more form).

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest jurishound
Can you get a close-up, Joslin?

Are they raised, or flat? In the bottom photo they look like petechiae - small pinpoint capillary bleeds under the skin. I can tell better if you can zoom in.

I have a lousy camera, but I'll try. :unsure The reddish ones in the bottom photo are flat; the ones in the first two photos have irregular, black, crusty raised areas. He's due for his 6 month senior checkup, if they have any concern at all I'll schedule a derm appointment at VESCONE.