Diamond Jim Just A Pup

Guest mattbta

Guest mattbta

Our greyhound organization got three pups and the dad from a Fort Worth animal shelter. Two of the pups did not make it due to distemper. It was only three months ago that we said good-bye to them. We had the pleasure of fostering Diamond Jim for one week and he touched our hearts. Their story is here: http://www.greyhoundadoptiontx.org/available/diamonds.shtml

Thought I'd post some pics in his remembrance.

IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0074s.JPG

I stumbled across the foster for the dad on this site and it looks like he is doing ok. Such a sad story.

Guest argolola

That is so heartbreaking. Thank you for fostering.

p.s. I just went to see the story on GALT's website. The cost was high, so I sent a few dollars. GALT is such a wonderful organization.

Edited by argolola

Poor babies. :candle:candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest mattbta
That is so heartbreaking. Thank you for fostering.

p.s. I just went to see the story on GALT's website. The cost was high, so I sent a few dollars. GALT is such a wonderful organization.

Thanks for your generosity.

Guest p51crazyhorse

Yes, thankyou so much for loving him in his last days, He must have felt at home and comforted by you, I wish that I had met him and his brother Jack.

I am fostering the puppies father, Daddy Duke, who came to me in a horrid condition as well. the vet said that in his state he could go either way. after three days of force feeding him, changing his bedding up to three times a day (because of the discharge from his nose and mouth) and having to keep him quarantined he was able to pull thru... He is a tough, sweet, sensitive boy and it pains me to think of how those little boys of his could have been just like him.

Adult dogs being neglected is bad enough, but to steal the lives away from two innocent puppies....it all could have been prevented by a $15 shot. looking into Jim's eyes and seeing a bit of Duke looking back at me just brings me to tears........... Jack and Jim are now at the bridge, waiting to be reunited with their Daddy and all the wonderful people who tried so desperatly to save them......

What an awful, yet wonderful story. Awful that this ever happened, wonderful that the pups (and Dad) were taken in.

How sad.

Remembering the games we used to play: Games We Used to Play: A Hop, Skip and Jump Down Memory Lane

Oscar (Answer to Chevy): 8/23/02-8/13/07 & Dee (Cee Bar Denise): 12/23/98-8/28/08.

Order your own copy of Oscar's Diaries: Life as a Retired Greyhound

Guest p51crazyhorse

Topaz, now Byng, was adopted by a member of GALT. her nickname is monkey cause she gets in and onto everything :) from what I hear she is doing great, but she broke a leg a few weeks ago. She and Daddy Duke were supposed to get pictures taken together as a sort of "reunion" and she couldnt make it because of her leg :(