Another Hello From Ct

Guest AllThingsBiotha

Guest AllThingsBiotha

Although I own Working Dogs, not Sightounds--yet--I'm hoping that the critter in my signature will do--he's grey, fast, and has long ears......

Seems like I've become quickly immersed in the Greyhound world through my business and I'm having a blast making fancy collars for your breed.

I hope to meet some of you at the Greyhound Games & Gathering in CT, September 20th.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AllThingsBiotha

Thanks for the welcomes, all. Actually, I think a Berner or two may attend the Gathering with us. Perhaps they'll even pull their carts??? We need to get in some practice for upcoming draft tests so that would be a good opportunity. We have four Bernese Mt. Dogs (Calla, Odin, Iris & Jules), a Westie (McCaffee) and a Cairn (Autumn). Needless to say, our house is ALWAYS full of dog hair! When people ask me if the Berners shed, I say, "Yes, twice a year for six months at a time!!!" They shed so much, some people actually collect the hair and have it spun for knitting. <_<

Picante was born here the week after Easter, and his mom and dad are Nacho and Frito--we figured we had the chips and needed the sauce! That picture was taken when he was only 6 days old, trying out his new fast legs for the first time.

Greythound Poet, we have property in Aiken, SC, and plan to move down there eventually! I think we have even been to Spartanburg to pick up a Berner puppy for a friend on one of our trips south!

Edited by AllThingsBiotha

Guest AllThingsBiotha

Thanks for posting the Sighthound Collection flyer on the WAG Games & Gathering site, LindsaySF!

Pictures, huh? We'll see what we can do. Where DO you get those emoticons?

Maybe we can get some Greyhounds to try the carts. Are there any out there that do carting?

Thanks for the welcomes, all. Actually, I think a Berner or two may attend the Gathering with us. Perhaps they'll even pull their carts??? We need to get in some practice for upcoming draft tests so that would be a good opportunity. We have four Bernese Mt. Dogs (Calla, Odin, Iris & Jules), a Westie (McCaffee) and a Cairn (Autumn). Needless to say, our house is ALWAYS full of dog hair! When people ask me if the Berners shed, I say, "Yes, twice a year for six months at a time!!!" They shed so much, some people actually collect the hair and have it spun for knitting. <_<

Picante was born here the week after Easter, and his mom and dad are Nacho and Frito--we figured we had the chips and needed the sauce! That picture was taken when he was only 6 days old, trying out his new fast legs for the first time.

Greythound Poet, we have property in Aiken, SC, and plan to move down there eventually! I think we have even been to Spartanburg to pick up a Berner puppy for a friend on one of our trips south!

Very, very cool. We'd love to have ya down here. :)

Edited by GreytHoundPoet

Guest AllThingsBiotha

Lots of new names to learn--people, dogs, screen names. And a whole new vocabulary, it seems!

The more I look around on this and other Greyhound sites, the more I am absolutely amazed at the enormous amount of effort, time and love that goes into helping this breed. Absolutely amazed and I'm sure I'm only seeing the 'tip of the iceburg.'

Guest CBDTherapyDogs

Oh yes, you'll have to learn the new vocabulary........

Roaching : a Greyhound upside down on its back, feet up in the air, looks like a "dead cockroach"

Flamigo-ing: like the roach, only one front leg bent / one front leg straight up in the air

Rooing : a Greyhound howl... unless you're around Wootown, then its WOOOing!!

Zoomies : the crazy butt-tuck dashing around the house/yard that lasts for 30 seconds and tends to wear out a hound

Hegamahogs : the bane of evil to all Greyhounds.... the fluffy brown "honking" stuffies from Petsmart

Cold-nosing : when a Greyhound shoves thier cold nose up your rear end

Yawling : when a Greyhound learns to Roo from a Saluki (Saluki's yawl, Greyhounds Roo, Borzoi howl)

Dancing Banana's : REALLY AWESOME awards

Dancing Peppers' : even better than a Dancing Banana

Collars : the unexplainable collection of decorations that adorn hounds necks, often coming in collection of hundreds of them by the obscessed.

Guest AllThingsBiotha
Collars : the unexplainable collection of decorations that adorn hounds necks, often coming in collection of hundreds of them by the obscessed.

I'd be happy to contribute to that obsession!!!

You forgot 'chipping' which I happened upon quite early in my forum readings and could not imagine what in the world was being talked about. :o

Guest LindsaySF
Flamigo-ing: like the roach, only one front leg bent / one front leg straight up in the air

This one is new to me!

And that is the type of roaching that Teagan does, one leg up in the air.

Guest AllThingsBiotha
Roaching : a Greyhound upside down on its back, feet up in the air, looks like a "dead cockroach"

Rooing : a Greyhound howl... unless you're around Wootown, then its WOOOing!!

Zoomies : the crazy butt-tuck dashing around the house/yard that lasts for 30 seconds and tends to wear out a hound

Hegamahogs : the bane of evil to all Greyhounds.... the fluffy brown "honking" stuffies from Petsmart

Cold-nosing : when a Greyhound shoves thier cold nose up your rear end

Yawling : when a Greyhound learns to Roo from a Saluki (Saluki's yawl, Greyhounds Roo, Borzoi howl)

Will there be demonstrations of these sorts of activities at the Gathering????

Guest LindsaySF
Will there be demonstrations of these sorts of activities at the Gathering????

Some Greys might roach on their beds, in their ex-pens. Depends how comfy they are. :P

Hedgehog toys might be for sale at one of the vendors, not sure.

We usually have a brief roo-fest where we get all the dogs howling. :)

And cold-nosing can happen at any time, watch out! :lol

Guest AllThingsBiotha

Okay.....the vinyl squishy hedgehog toys or the ones with fur? Might need to bring a couple with me to see what happens!!! Not quite sure what 'fluffy brown honking stuffy' means.

Guest CBDTherapyDogs

Martha,

these are the faux-fur stuffed animal hedgehogs that are found at most pet stores. Most of them don't squeek, they "honk".

Hegamahogs are trying to take over the world, one Greyhound home at a time. For proof : Hedgamahog warning