I Am Getting My Beautiful Fur Daughter Over Labor Day

Guest pfrazier21044

Guest pfrazier21044

Here is the whole story of how I am getting my BEAUTIFUL daughter:

My wife and I were convinced that we wanted a big ol' goofy boy. We contacted the adoption agency and the director Denise told me that after talking with us she recommended two girls. I was not keen on the idea cause i wanted a boy..and yes dragaonmom I don't mind the boy parts LOL. My wife convinced me to go to a meet and greet where both the girls would be at. I went and when I met Licenz (Lizzie) I fell instantly in love with her when I looked into those beautiful brown eyes...I melted. My wife and the foster mom told me that her tail was just a wagging away...one of the other foster moms commented "Looks like Lizzie is sealing the deal" She is the SWEETEST and most gentle dog and I am in :wub: We still have the home visit to do but there won't be any problems with that.

My wife has gone crazy...and is making sure that Lizzie has plenty of stuffies and beds to lay around on. So I am waiting for Labor Day for her and for our poor meezer to come off her antibiotics after she had three teeth extracted(by the way she is TICKED off at us). She almost took my hand off trying to give her a capsule of antibiotics.

Here is a link to her Greyhound Data page

My Beautiful Lizzie

Congratulations!!!! Welcome to grey talk she is a Beauty. I wish you all lots of happiness!!!!! :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest pfrazier21044

ohhh I left out the best part...I got to see her recieve her first treat..they had a bag of doggie treats and she was given one. She figured out that HEY these are good and when they put the bag back on the table she thought that she would help herself. Lizzie just full of herself grabbed the bag off the table. Her foster mommie took it from her and put it in her purse, Lizzie buried her nose in the purse to retrieve the bag because she deserved another treat. It was a great first that I got to see of Lizzie. Her foster mom is taking her to another meet and greet but not as an adoptable dog but an owned dog. I am going on Saturday with my camera to take pictures

Guest Greyglo

:balloonparty Congratulations on your beautiful new girl! :balloonparty

Labor Day will be Ghana's first Gotcha, and it was nice to have the time to do hang arounds with her.

I hope the time between then and now goes quickly for you!

Awwwwww... she's a beautiful lil' red girlie. :wub: Already sounds like a Daddy's girl, too. :lol Congrats! :confetti

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest momto3greys

Lizzy is absolutely beautiful. We got 3 of our houndies from Denise and she is always right on the marker for picking them for a family. We now are an only senior houndie family. We look forward to meeting you at the picnic on the 21st.

Guest houndstooth4

Congratulations! She is one pretty girlie! It sounds like she knows what she wants, too.

Edited by houndstooth4

I knew with that race name she had to be an O'Donnell dog :lol Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

Guest FrostyBottoms

Congratulations! Lizzie is beautiful! I am a little partial to red fawn :P

She looks like my girl Frosty with that black muzzle....btw, Frosty is a daddy's girl too!

Guest pfrazier21044

Now I am nervous cause the time is getting close, I have all these questions in my mind...will she like my two cats, will she like and love us...will she be a happy girl? I know that I am a worrier but this is my first dog and I want her to be happy. I saw her at the meet and greet on saturday.

Guest FrostyBottoms

Don't be nervous! She'll be fine! She will grow to love you and your cats.

I would start out walking her everyday as often as you can. That is a great way to bond with her.

I tired pup is a happy pup!

Guest greytelectric
ohhh I left out the best part...I got to see her recieve her first treat..they had a bag of doggie treats and she was given one. She figured out that HEY these are good and when they put the bag back on the table she thought that she would help herself. Lizzie just full of herself grabbed the bag off the table. Her foster mommie took it from her and put it in her purse, Lizzie buried her nose in the purse to retrieve the bag because she deserved another treat. It was a great first that I got to see of Lizzie. Her foster mom is taking her to another meet and greet but not as an adoptable dog but an owned dog. I am going on Saturday with my camera to take pictures

Share those pictures with us!!! Congrats! Greyhounds are a very special dog.