Skimmie's Pee Is Clear

A couple of days ago, I was sitting here in my chair watching the Olympics and surfing the net. Skimmie started wandering around in here and eventually stopped somewhere and peed a little. He was behind my chair and the water thing is back there so I thought he was getting some water, not peeing. Then he started circling the coffee table peeing! It was so odd but I thought, "well, he was trying to get my attention because I've been ignoring him." He hadn't been outside for a while so I thought he just had to go. So I put everyone outside and quickly mopped up the pee.

What's weird about the pee is that it's CLEAR and looks like water unsure.gif

So, just now, he did something similar. He was circling my coffee table peeing in different spots along the way, and the pee is clear. It's odd though because he was JUST out about half an hour ago, and I know he peed outside.

I'll be calling the vet in the morning to get him in for an appointment, but I wondered if anyone has had a similar experience? The big kids have had UTI's before, but their pee was very concentrated and very yellowish/orangey when they were sick, not clear.

Right now Skimmie is sitting here nestled in my legs shivering...it's not cold in here. I just took his temperature and it's normal.

Okay, as I was typing this he just went and peed a little on the floor again, so I took him back outside and he peed a RIVER...way more than his usual...but it was a steady stream like normal, just a super long time. He did a good quality pee about half an hour ago like I said...

This is so odd.

For the most part he's ACTING normal, maybe a little quieter than usual but not by much.

Ugh. Good thoughts for my little Bean please...

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Lots of good thoughts coming for your boy. Glad you're getting him in to the vet. Could be his kidneys, could be diabetes, could be a lot of things. Please update when you can

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Kristin, could he have tanked up at a water bowl when nobody was looking? Hope that's all it is and he is OK.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest CyndiW

Is he on any new meds?

I had one that used to do that if he ate any different such as a banana (well, actually a entire bunch because he would steal them). The only thing that would come back abnormal was the PH.

I agree that it could be lots of things but a vet visit will hopefully get to the problem.

Keep us posted on Skimmie.

Guest paulamariez

Definitely have the vet check your little sweetie out. It could be a kidney problem (hopefully not!). I will keep your precious Skimmie in my prayers!

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! I suspected UTI but thought it was really odd that his pee was clear. When Ace had a UTI, her pee was very dark and almost orangey.

Skimmerton had a lot of bacteria in his urine and he has a sore hoo hoo :( It was kind of an odd thing to hear our vet say, "his little penis hurts right now" :lol (because deep down I'm 13 and snicker when important adults say 'penis' :lol). So, he's on antibiotics. Hopefully he will start to feel better within a few days. He's still doing the phantom peeing, did it a couple of times tonight. Poor kid. Thanks all for the good thoughts :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

It's good that you know what's going on and he'll be on the mend. UTI's can really hurt, poor guy. I never would have guessed a UTI, the clear urine threw me. Hope he starts to have some relief and feel comfortable

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless