Lump In New Grey's Neck

Guest jeffjs

Guest jeffjs

Hello I am a new Grey owner and I was petting our boy Cicero last night and found a lump about half the size of a ping pong ball in his neck. It was in his throat close to his head/lower jaw. Is this normal or should I be concerned about it? Found it mostly because I had removed his collar, so I found it just about where the collar would rest on his throat. He is a three year old if that helps. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions as I could be overreacting about something that is normal or it may require a vet visit.

Jeff

Yes to the vet visit. This could be anything from an infection (tooth or salivary gland) to lymphoma. Make an appointment ASAP.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest longdogs

I presume the lump is not his larynx (in a similar position to your own)? Where exactly is it on the neck and is it soft or hard, fixed or mobile?

Is there one on the other side too?

I find that my George's normal glands are much more obvious than they were on any other dog my family has ever owned, by my vet assures me they are perfectly normal! Is it kinda where you'd feel on your own neck for swollen glands?

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Welcome! I agree...vet visit. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greydogluvr

I agree that a vet visit is warranted. I went through a similar incident not too long ago. There must be a reason for the swelling. I would definitely get it checked out.

Prayers that it is a simple fix.