Bump On Tankalas Toe

Guest Gideon

Could be ingrown hair, could be a little infectiony thing, could be a classic interdigital cyst. I'd keep an eye on it for changes or for bothering him.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Could be ingrown hair, could be a little infectiony thing, could be a classic interdigital cyst. I'd keep an eye on it for changes or for bothering him.

:nod

I think you already got him in for his feet, right? Is he on antibiotics at this point?

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest Gideon

Is that a quickly resolved thing? It was wierd - it must have popped up over night - really sudden.

He did a good job of chewing it up too. Now I have to try and keep it clean.

Edited by Gideon

Guest RooRoo

While I don't have first hand experience, I'm inclined to respond because of what happened to my friend's grey last week. The condensed version is that her vet thought it was a "blood blister" type growth (on toe, near nail bed - round bump, soft, dark-purplish in color) and did a needle aspirate that did not indicate anything worrisome. The vet told my friend to keep and eye on it and that if it got bigger or if there were any changes to come back. (I'm not chastising the vet here, I understand how difficult it can be to diagnose things).

Within a short pd of time after this appointment, it began to bleed uncontrollably one night (she said it was amazing how much blood came from such a tiny bump) and finally after they controlled the bleeding, they surgically removed the bump from the toe/nail bed area.

Much to my friend's surprise, pathology came back as cutaneous hemangiosarcoma - (fortunately, it was not the often undetected hemangiosarcoma or even subcutaneous hemagiosarcoma, it's easy to get the sarcomas confused with one another). Luckily it was of the skin - confined only to the dermis, and not too deep so the surgery was deemed sucessful and with clean margins. The prognosis is good for the dog and at this point the surgeon and oncologist do not recommend any additional treatment.

From what my friend described, it looked similar to your photo. I did not see it myself. It certainly could be an ingrown hair or papillomas or similar - hopefully it is just a nuisance issue and nothing more :hope

So I am not trying to be an alarmist... but IMO, it's better to just have something checked for peace or mind or to move forward in a timely manner, if necessary.

Best wishes to your pup!! :goodluck

Maria

Rizzo & Kiwi