Ronnie Still Sick!

Guest RooBabies

Guest RooBabies

I'm trying not to get nervous because I know that he may just need another antibiotic. We did 10 days of amoxicillin and 2 weeks of Baytril! Is there more? :eek We dropped of another urine sample last night and I'm waiting for the results. Is there anything else I can do for him?

My dog was on Baytril for 14 weeks.

He went over 3 months dry, and darn it all if he didn't have an accident yesterday. Rats, rats, rats!!!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Have they cultured the urine? Sometimes a UTI can be tough to get rid of, and may need several weeks of consecutive treatment. If they have not done a culture I would ask them to do so.

A couple of things you can do...filtered water only (buy a Britta to put on your faucet), and cranberry tablets can't hurt. I get my cranberry at Costco.

Edited by Greytlady94

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest RooBabies

I've heard back from the Vet. She says he needs more Baytril. I'm also going to add the cranberry stuff to his diet. She said he is MUCH better than before, it's just a resistant infection.