Dumb Frontline Question

Hi--

Fairly dumb question, I think, but I wanted to know. There isn't an expiration date on the Frontline Plus that I have left. However, I bought the package a while ago, forgot we had it, and bought and used more. Need to know if the one I have left is any good. I wanted to treat him tonight, but I just realized this dilemma.

Is there an expiration date for Frontline Plus that anyone knows of?

I will admit, my instinct is to ditch it if I can't remember how long it's been here, but I was hoping someone knew otherwise?

Told you it was a silly question.

Robin's mom

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

Guest MAXNAV
Hi--

Fairly dumb question, I think, but I wanted to know. There isn't an expiration date on the Frontline Plus that I have left. However, I bought the package a while ago, forgot we had it, and bought and used more. Need to know if the one I have left is any good. I wanted to treat him tonight, but I just realized this dilemma.

Is there an expiration date for Frontline Plus that anyone knows of?

I will admit, my instinct is to ditch it if I can't remember how long it's been here, but I was hoping someone knew otherwise?

Told you it was a silly question.

Robin's mom

Hi,

I was told by my vet that even if there is an expiration date, it is still good for at least 6 mos or so. Others have told me that it's still ok up to a year after the expiration. I'm assuming they're right, but check with your vet to be sure. It's not like medication that can go bad and not be good for your pet, but that it's not as strong. I think that's what they told me. I'm having a mental block moment.

Doreen

Correct - there is no expiration date for K9 Advantix or Frontline (those are the two our clinic dispenses, so those are the two I know...).

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

I was told that they never expire but that was an office assistant I think :dunno

I was gonna say- EVERYTHING has to have an expiration date on it. Some federal law for drugs, etc., but- I googled it AND...

http://frontline.us.merial.com/products/products_faqs.asp

7. Do FRONTLINE Brand Products have an expiration date?

FRONTLINE Brand Products do not carry an expiration date. We recommend storing FRONTLINE Brand Products at room temperature and keeping them sealed in their original packaging. If stored under these conditions, FRONTINE Brand Products will not expire.

Learn something new every day. :)

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Good to know!! :) :) :thumbs-up

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest bobandpolly

My biochemistry background makes me find that hard to believe. I may have to do a little more research on how the product works to satisfy my curiosity.

Guest MAXNAV
I was told that they never expire but that was an office assistant I think :dunno

I was gonna say- EVERYTHING has to have an expiration date on it. Some federal law for drugs, etc., but- I googled it AND...

http://frontline.us.merial.com/products/products_faqs.asp

7. Do FRONTLINE Brand Products have an expiration date?

FRONTLINE Brand Products do not carry an expiration date. We recommend storing FRONTLINE Brand Products at room temperature and keeping them sealed in their original packaging. If stored under these conditions, FRONTINE Brand Products will not expire.

Learn something new every day. :)

So, the expiration dates they put on the box, are there so we'll toss them out and buy more, to just get our $ I guess. There's always been an exp. date on the Frontine Plus that I buy. Interesting......

Thanks for the info!

Guest LynnM

The products that are classified as insecticides (Frontline, Advantage, Advantix, etc) are regulated by the EPA as insecticides rather than the FDA as drugs/medications, so they are not required to have an expiration date. Products that are taken internally for external parasite control (Program, etc) or are given externally for both internal AND external parasite control (Revolution) are regulated by the FDA and are required to have expiration dates.

Clear as mud?

Lynn

Well, woo-hoo! It sounds like I can give this packet to him tonight, I guess.

It always makes me nervous, because what if THIS time is the time he has a reaction?

I think I'm just paranoid, though. It's better than the alternative of what he could get from ticks....

Thanks so much for the information! I feel a lot better!

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).