Is Sol Just A Puker... Or?

Guest lanielovesgreys

Guest lanielovesgreys

Sol puked in the car today. *sigh* Sometimes he gets too excited and eats too fast and he throws it up. Sometimes he drinks water too much and pukes that up. It's not every day, but a couple of times a week. Should I be concerned? He seems healthy otherwise.

Guest LindsaySF

The car is probably car-sickness, and the others can happen if they eat or drink too fast. Does he eat kibble, any wet food? Bowl on the floor or elevated?

Guest lanielovesgreys

He eats raw, so the bowl thing varies 75% of the time he eats on the grass outside. The rest of the time he eats out of an elevated feeder.

Guest ArtysPeople

I believe someone on here coined the term "cacking" a few months ago for the water upchuck maneuver, which Arty also does if he drinks a bunch too fast. That and the carsickness are not at all unusual; I can't say about the food regurgitation.

Guest mirthlesstroll

My new dog, Jett yaks up water almost every time he drinks. I think he just drinks too much, too fast. My Bridge Kid, Logan used to upchuck yellow bile daily until I switched brands of food. Maybe Sol's food isn't totally agreeing with him.

One of my boys will let me see his water a second time frequently - if he drinks too much too fast he does a kind of "burpy" thing and - voila! And they all kind of yak out of the blue - sometimes during the night, sometimes after eating grass - fortunately not usually food!

There are a lot of ways to help slow him down when he eats. Everything from hand feeding a bit at a time to putting big rocks in his bowl. If he's eating raw you might consider feeding smaller portions more often, or break up the feeding somehow.

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest IrskasMom

After I feed , I try to keep him quiet for a few Hours . Not going to the Park and not going outside for Zoomies. :rolleyes::rolleyes: