Big Scare With Mr. Tiny Today

From the time we got up this morning, Tiny was limping and panting so hard I thought he was going to hyperventilate. He refused to put any weight on his right front leg and cried when I touched it. I had terrible flashbacks of Argus right before he was diagnosed with osteosarcoma, 'cause that's exactly how Tiny was acting.

So we went to the vet, sat for three hours waiting for an opportunity to be seen--they were booked--and came out $500 lighter. However, all of Tiny's x-rays came back clean! :yay We suspect he fell on the laminate floor, which is slicker than snot, and twisted/banged his elbow. I also just happened to notice something while we were waiting. Tiny got tired and flopped out on the tile floor, showing me his underbelly. I saw some thick white discharge coming from his penis which I hadn't noticed before. Turns out he also had a UTI, poor guy. It was just dumb luck that I saw this before he licked it away and while we were already in the vet's office. Otherwise he might have been uncomfortable for a while longer. He's now on Rimadyl for the elbow and amoxicillin for the UTI.

While we were there, the vet decided to take a look at Raven's hematoma. It hangs out on her chest, is benign and doesn't cause her any pain, but it does rupture and spew blood everywhere from time to time. It'll be taken out at her next dental. I warned the vet about the spewing blood thing... too late. He'd already grabbed it and was studying it when it splattered all over his nice, pristine monogrammed white coat. Oops. :blush

So we're poorer tonight, but very much relieved. I was convinced that Tiny had osteo and was a hysterical sobbing mess. It was so good to come out knowing he was okay. And because everyone was so well-behaved, on the way home we stopped for hamburgers sans bun, which was very well received. :chow

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest greytkidsmom

What a scare. You must feel so relieved after today's emotional roller coaster. Glad all turned out well. I had to giggle a little about the vet getting splattered. That must have been a sight!

I lubs me some Tiny. I'm so glad he's OK, AND that Raven will have her thingee removed also.

Jennifer

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

hamburgers on the way home roflmao..do they prefer 80 or 90 percent lean? well done or rare? lol lol

They are fond of Wendy's hamburgers, hold the bun, hold the condiments. They haven't learned to savor the experience, though. Those patties disappear right quick.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest LindsaySF
I warned the vet about the spewing blood thing... too late. He'd already grabbed it and was studying it when it splattered all over his nice, pristine monogrammed white coat. Oops. :blush

I had to giggle at this. :hehe

Glad it all turned out ok. :)

Guest argolola

I'm so glad he's ok. I have him on my prayer list anyway.

Tile floors really scare me. We have tons of throw rugs everywhere.

At the time it hurts just a touch...but coming out with good news is the best money spent! So glad all is well! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.