Emmy's Diagnosis

Guest whatahound

I'm glad you were able to find that book, it should be a huge help. I know it was for me when Daisy lost her sight.

Belly rubs for Emmy.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, wow! I missed all the terror with Emmy in the last week!

I'm soooo glad to hear that there's no cancer and all her internal organs are fine. And sorry that she's lost her sight.

But if I know Emmy (and Andy... and everyone else in your household, regardless of number of legs), she'll be fine soon. Once the fright wears off and she's able to really establish those mental maps, she'll be fine.

Just don't move her crate on her again, ok?

DSC02869676x507.jpg

Big hugs to all of you!

Emmy will make it through this because she has you there to map out the way for her. One of my step-IGs was born deaf and then went blind overnight one Christmas. It bothered all of us but she was pretty okay with it. Her sister had always looked out for her because of her deafness and she just kicked it up a notch when she lost her sight. We have several years of photos showing us with alien pregnancies (she liked to crawl inside your top) and sometimes with her head peeking out the neckline. Emmy will need more closeness but talk to her, help her learn and this will just be a new part of life for all of you.