Sick Grey

Guest koolaidnconner

I'll continue to pray for him and the vets that are diagnosing and hopefully helping him. I'm so glad you're asking about the ultrasound.

Marcia

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GreytMuse

No advice, but you all will be in my thoughts and prayers as you look for help. I know that watching your loved ones be in pain is about the worst thing in the world. Please keep us updated.

Guest koolaidnconner

Thank you everyone. I just dropped Conner off and talked to the doc. He seems to think with all the sypmtoms he has that the colonoscopy is a very good idea. So we are going with it. I will let you know when I do what is up.

Kool Aid also went into the docs today, I guess he decided he liked stitches so much that we had to do it again. He just had a growth removed a few weeks ago on his ear and got those stitches out last Thursday. He cut his leg open so more stitches for him.

Thank you everyone. I just dropped Conner off and talked to the doc. He seems to think with all the sypmtoms he has that the colonoscopy is a very good idea. So we are going with it. I will let you know when I do what is up.

Kool Aid also went into the docs today, I guess he decided he liked stitches so much that we had to do it again. He just had a growth removed a few weeks ago on his ear and got those stitches out last Thursday. He cut his leg open so more stitches for him.

Oh Amanda I'll be praying for him. For all our boys really.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest koolaidnconner

James and I are going to the hospital tonight to see Conner, I will let you know how he is doing after that.

Kool Aid has 9 staples in his leg, no exercise for 2 weeks. No runs or walks.

I do have to say it was very heart warming this morning when Conner walked away with the doctor, Kool Aid was with me and he would not move. His ears went up and he watched Conner walk away, he went into statue mode and would not move, I have to push his behind to get him out of the doctors office.

Sending my prayers and white light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm sorry, I have no advice. Contacting OSU on your own would not be remiss, though. I hope things go well today and you find an answer. I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest koolaidnconner

Well James and I went and took Conner for a walk last night and we had to drag him back in to the hospital and into the dog run. I was so upset but knew that it had to be done. I called their this morning and they said Conner was wagging his tail when the lady came in. I knew he would get excited, he hates to be alone. The procedure will be done late this morning she said so as soon as they call me I will update.

Again thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. Crossing my fingers they will have an answer today and I can get my goofball back, and see that greyhound smile again.

I love you Conner

Any news Amanda?

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest koolaidnconner
Any news Amanda?

Look up Susan......^^^ I think we posted at the same time. How are you doing? How is Jack doing?

Guest koolaidnconner

I just got off the phone with the vet and he could not see anything that was obvious to him except that he has an enlarged, very irritated intestine which he knew he probably would have since he has had this problem for awhile. So now its a waiting game 5 days for the biopsy and try and manage the pain till then, he did say he had a few bowel movements without crying so maybe he is on his way to recovery....I am hoping. Anyways we get him back at 6pm today. If these biopsies come back negative then I guess xray and ultra sound is next.

Guest nuthatch46201

When I personally have to take antibiotics all of them result in diarrhea. For that I eat lots of yogurt with live cultures in it. It helps a lot. Maybe all the meds have killed his good bacteria. It has worked for one of my dogs as well. Joan

Guest koolaidnconner

Well we have him home and he seems to be quite alert and very hungry and thristy, we have to put the food up so he doesn't get sick. Now its just the waiting game.....hmmmm

Guest koolaidnconner

So I am starting to think his crying is from pain in his neck or back. Not sure but last night he was in my bedroom and there is only about 2.5 ft in between the bed and wall and when he turned around he screamed, so he turned his head back and tried again but screamed again every time he rounded his neck to get out. He tried a 3rd time and did it but with crying again. Everytime when he is laying down when he lifts his head he cries. He was laying on the floor last night and had a 15 sec crying spell and even closed his eyes at times. I am thinking we got so caught up with all the diaherra that there may be another problem. I guess its time to call the Vet and talk to her. I think an xray is what we need.

Oh Connor honey it's time to just setlle down. Was he screaming at the vet's when he was having the procedure Amanda?

Guest koolaidnconner
Oh Connor honey it's time to just setlle down. Was he screaming at the vet's when he was having the procedure Amanda?

Hey Susan

No he was under anesthetic with the procedure and I never thought to ask if he cried when he was in the crate. Again about 2 hours sleep for me last night. He is at Nancy's for the day. He was not happy. Hopefully an xray will show something, cause if shows nothing, well I will be happy but then I have talk to him about how he can get attention, and this is not the way to do it...lol...Cause this is costing too much...But I honestly think his neck or back our hurting. I was too caught up in the diaherra to notice it.

Guest koolaidnconner
If x ray shows nothing, try acupuncture and/or chiropractic (can't remember all the options you have done)

They do not scream for attention. Something is wrong.

Sending lots of prayers.

Thank you burpdog......I know something is wrong, he is a big baby but this is more than just getting attention. A chiropractor will work with a dog? I have never heard that....