Hi----again

Guest acecommander

Guest acecommander

Wow, I can't believe it's been over a year since I visited this site, but now I have extra time on my hands, I'll be visiting daily.

My user name is acecommander, in rememberance to my 2nd greyhound. Acecommander was one of the last surviving sons of HB Commander, and he is waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge.

My wife and I have been adopting retired greycritters (oops, now you know I'm from Texas) for 15 years. Our first was Bobs Banker, a 110 lb dark brindle male. Our second was Acecommander, a 95 lb white male. Our third was Hale Bopp, a 100 lb blue brindle male. Our fourth was Billy Bones, a 100 lb blue male. Our fifth was Mack, a 95 lb white male.

We have always had at least one greyhound and as many as three at the same time. Right now Mack is our only son, but he does have a brother to play with. Our daughter lives in Austin and she adopted Coleman, a 90 lb dark brindle male.

We know that Mack was lonely, because he would mope around for days after Coleman and our daughter visited, so last week (Saturday), my wife and I took the plunge and adopted another dog. I know what you're thinking-another extra large greyhound-but (and please don't ask why) now Mack has a new sister, Casey, a 80 lb merle Great Dane puppy. She's

10 months old and just a goofy lapdog. She acts like she's been with us for 5 years, not 5 days.

Once I get familiar the site again, I promise to send pictures.

Welcome back! :wave My goodness, you do like 'em BIG! :lol Hope to see pics of your puppers soon. Go to pinned topics at "Cute and Funny" for instructions. ;)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest TBSFlame

Welcome from NC. You do like them big greyhounds. Do they grow them BIG in Tx? lol. I have a dane grand daughter that comes over to stay with me a lot and I love danes. She is a big lap dog also. :)

Welcome back. I never realized that Foxy's half brother was so big. She was 66 lb at her heaviest, and now at 13 1/2 is about 54 lbs.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest acecommander
Welcome back. I never realized that Foxy's half brother was so big. She was 66 lb at her heaviest, and now at 13 1/2 is about 54 lbs.

Which one was Foxy's half brother?

We have one of HB Commander's great-grandsons. Commander was a very prolific hound!

Ace Commander was a very handsome hound!

Edited by CathyI8205

DarbyampChad_zpsvpn9kam5.jpg

"Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant."
-Cathy, DW to Al, Mom to Darby & Chad. Nana to Gabe, Dominic, & Christopher Welter
Remembering Social (2001-2014) and Gus (2007-2015)