Linny Got Her Tail Docked

Guest Lovely

Guest Lovely

My baby Linny has happy tail real bad. She broke her tail a month ago, and it failed to heal. Her tail broke in foster home. So I adopted her, and her poor tail got docked last Thursday..but the doctor did not stitch her up right, so she was brought to another doctor on Saturday morning, cause the bleeding had not stopped.

On Saturday, they fixed her tail, and restitched it back up.

Yesterday I brought her to the vet and had the bandage changed...oy...my poor Linny is tired of her tail be touched.

And since it's healing she wants to chew on her tail...so I muzzle her when I am not home and at night...and when I am home she gets to wear super cool shorts because she can't get to the tail.

shorts.jpg

shorts2.jpg

She doesn't seem to mind the shorts....does anyone have any suggestions on helping relieving the itching of the tail healing?

Guest ChancesMom

She looks so cool in the shorts and she is such a cutie. I don't have an answer for the itching. Wish I did. I just had back surgery and the staple are still inl. The itching is driving me crazy. Hope some one else can suggest something for you.

No advice here, but I was wondering how you get the shorts to stay on? I tried that with Buddy when Rascal gave him a tooth to the butt, and his shorts slid right off....

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

If the stitches are out and the wound looks clean, I'd try vitamin E oil to reduce the scarring and keep the skin from being dry.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest Lovely
No advice here, but I was wondering how you get the shorts to stay on? I tried that with Buddy when Rascal gave him a tooth to the butt, and his shorts slid right off....

They are my stepsons shorts...they are like a 5T...lol...

Oh poor baby! Hope the healing is fast.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

They are my stepsons shorts...they are like a 5T...lol...

Oh. That could be the reason! I bought men's size small or medium boxers for Buddy....didn't work. And I have no more small children here anymore, only big ones!

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Poor little girl. My Wayne lost his tail because of happy tail. Luckily the healing was quick but I did have to use the Bite-Not collar for a couple of days. I think he prefered that to a muzzle. I also kept his tail wrapped with the surgilast which allowed the area to get air and heal faster and kept him from licking. The surgilast worked great for him but kept sliding off when I had to use it for Misty. Hope she heals quickly.I also used the hair curler which worked great

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

OMG....she is so darn cute! :wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest paulamariez

Poor girl! But, oh does she look CUTE in those shorts! I don't any advice here, since fortunately, I've never experienced a tail problem with my pack. But I will keep your precious girl in my prayers for a quick healing!