Corn Removal

I've not done the duct tape method, Andy had his removed at the vet's on Wednesday and he's walking so much better today. The vet was able to just "pop it out" as he put it.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I've never used the duct tape but have a friend who does it. If I remember correctly, it doesn't remove the corn, it just keeps the area soft. Runners use duct tape a lot. If you are using a dremel which is what I do, and then put bag balm on it to keep it soft. Obviously the other option is to have the vet hull it

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm going to make an appointment with the vet next week after the long weekend until then I'll put some bag balm on it and keep it soft .I'll also try soaking it in Epsom salt and see if I can get it out . I remember seeing a site with pictures on how to remove it . I'll have to do a search here to find it and review it again .

Guest MnMDogs

Some are harder than others to get out. I was able to pick one off of Mork's back foot, but the front 2 are really deep. Maybe if your grey's is new and not too deep you'll be able to take care of it.

Mork's can only really be hulled when he's sedated. 6 weeks ago he was mildly sedated and the vet was able to easily pop them all out, and she thought she could get them out with a regular vet visit. We did that 2 days ago, and he was a big baby, and made a stink. So she couldn't get the front 2 out. But, it seems like a lot of people on here have dogs with corns that are easily removed. They do come back, though. It seems to be a never ending battle to keep them in check.

We've been dealing with them for 4 years and they're a bear. If Elly is having any problem walking at all, try a TheraPaw (TheraPaw.com). They are a godsend for us.

Edited by MnMDogs

My new girl Elly has developed a corn on her front paw . I did dremel it down flush with the pad . I wanted to also try using Duct tape method , how is it done ?

Oh poo Andrea. That's too bad with her limited back leg use. Make sure you print out the hulling procedure page and take it to the vet. I'm not sure if they've had to do it but they should be willing to give it a go.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest Ally
We've been dealing with them for 4 years and they're a bear. If Elly is having any problem walking at all, try a TheraPaw (TheraPaw.com). They are a godsend for us.

Never tried a home remedy, Lea has her corns out at the vets which costs me a fortune. She suffers really badly with them but I can definitely second the TheraPaw option. It's miraculous, in fact I accidentally caught the back of her boot the other day walking back into the house and pulled it off (think I ordered a slightly too big one) and she immediately started limping whereas we'd been out for 40 mins with no limping. She's just recovering from another hulling which is why she's still limping. It was so deeply rooted she had to be put under anesthetic to get it out.

Plus you get kids walking past going "oh look, how cool, a dog with trainers on!". We call them her ninja shoes.