Update On Doggie Dentals

Here's the scoop.

Rascal: Blood pressure was fine, they did the dental and removed the lump. Lump was inconclusive, looked sort of like a fatty tumor but not like the "typical" one. They will preserve it, and we will decide if we want to have it biopsied. Sutures in the shoulder where the lump was removed will be removed in two weeks.

Buddy: No dental. :( His BP was up a bit. The vet wants me to give him rx diet (KD or NF) and then take him there again on the 20th; at that time they'll recheck his BP, if it's OK they'll do the dental. She said the diet is lower in salt and protein, and might be enough to bring the BP down. She doesn't want to go straight to meds when it's only up a bit.

She also said we can recheck Rascal's urine, and if she's still got protein in it in a few weeks maybe she should be on rx diet, too.

Oh my; my poor old pups. :unsure

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

:(

How high was the BP? Zema's seems to be always high at the vet. But, it did come down close to the upper end of acceptable when she was on a NO salt diet (she did not do well on the prescrip diets, I cooked for her).

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

How high was the BP? Zema's seems to be always high at the vet. But, it did come down close to the upper end of acceptable when she was on a NO salt diet (she did not do well on the prescrip diets, I cooked for her).

They didn't tell me, but I will ask when I go to get them.

Should I go with Hills K/D or Purina N/F? I noticed the Purina has corn in it, and the Hills doesn't.

My cat is on feline canned n/f.

Should I go with Hills K/D or Purina N/F? I noticed the Purina has corn in it, and the Hills doesn't.

Just my opinion but I would use the Hills.We've had excellent results with the Hills vs the Purina

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Just my opinion but I would use the Hills.We've had excellent results with the Hills vs the Purina

Thanks, I was leaning toward Hills, just to avoid corn.

Sending more prayers. I'll check back in again soon. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Thursday morning update.

I got there to pick them up around 5:45 last night.

Rascal was still pretty out of it, she did wag her tail as soon as she saw me, but she was having a little trouble controlling her tongue....it kept slipping out the side of her mouth. :rolleyes: She did have one extraction. She's got some sutures where they removed the lump. She was very happy to be home, but seemed to be in some pain, when she tried to lie down on her left side, which was the side the lump was on. I did get her to take her Tramadol in a peanut butter sandwich, and she seemed to have a restful night.

This morning she seems a LOT better. :colgate I made her some rice, added in a scrambled egg and some canned Turducken dog food, along with the Tramadol, and I am happy to report that she gobbled it all up! :thumbs-up She is resting now, and she's sporting her Troy Polamalu t-shirt. :blink: I take her back on the 20th to get the sutures removed, so she'll be wearing a shirt until then.

The vet tech reported that Buddy was a good boy, too, and she gave him lots of loving. They really like my dogs. Last night I gave Buddy some dinner of the new Hills k/d kibble plus k/d canned. He ate it all and then promptly heaved it up on the family room carpet. :( In hindsight I probably should've waited till he'd been home for a couple of hours, but live and learn. This morning I gave him the same, but added a little bit of regular canned food. He ate every little bit. I sure hope he continues to like this food, as the vet thinks it might be enough to bring his blood pressure down. He goes back on the 20th too, for a BP check and if it's OK he'll get his dental then.

I'm so glad to have my pups back home...