To Phoenix's New Friends From Gig,

Guest chubbster

Guest chubbster

To all of Phoenix's new friends from GIG,

I just wanted to let you know that Phoenix's surgery is scheduled for today. There is the possibility thatit may be postponed if an emergency comes in.

Please keep this very special boy in your thoughts as he takes this next step in his journey to healing.

Judy, Chubbs, and Phoenix

Edited by chubbster

Phoneix AKA Nick was returned to Greyhound Angels Adoption 20 pounds light then when he left and with a gaping hole in his leg that had never been treated.

GAA took in donations from all over to help in the vet bills for this beautiful 7 year old boy. Even after all this abuse, Phoenix would still try and stand up when you walked up to his crate with a wagging tail.

Eventually, he was well enough to be put into his 4ever home with Judy and her existing hound, Chubbs.

Judy took him to the U of PA where it was decided that the best course of action was to amputate since the bone had healed with a nasty infection in it which would require many surgeries and no guarentee that Phoneix would have use of the leg.

That is the short story.

Much love and best wishes to this beautiful, brave boy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Many good wishes for Phoenix & you. He's already started his new wonderful life & I'm sure he'll feel so much better after his operation. I wasn't at GIG, but I hope I can be one of Phoenix's new friends too.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Sending my prayers. :grouphug As Dr. Couto says...God gave them an extra leg...they only need 3. Soon Phoenix will be doing zoomies in his yard...enjoying love and life to the fullest. :grouphug Please keep us posted.

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest chubbster

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for all of you healing thoughts and good wishes for Phoenix. Hug.gif

I just got the call from UPenn and the vet said that he did very well!!!!! They are going to do a biopsy on the tissue just to make sure everything is clear.

While he was out, they also checked out his teeth...some serious wear and tear (perhaps from chewing on a crate) but nothing that needs to be dealt with immediately.

I will keep you posted.

Judy

Guest paulamariez

Poor precious Phoenix! Why do people take these sweet hounds if they're going to take care of them like that?? I put off buying food for myself rather than let my dogs go around sick or injured! Just atrocious! These people make me sick. Oops sorry about the mini-rant! Anyhow, I am glad to hear that Phoenix came through the surgery like the champion that he is! I will keep him on my prayer list for a quick and complete recovery! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Phoenix some get well doggie kisses too!

Sending lots of prayers and white light. :hope:hope:hope:candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest greytmonty

I am glad to hear his surgery went well. He is a beautiful boy and so loving in spite of what he must have experienced in his last home. Keep us posted!

Guest chubbster

Hi!

I just wanted to let you know that the vet called me. Phoenix had a bit of a rough night.....anxious, agitated, ripped off his bandages. He was doing much better as the day progressed.

Thanks.

Judy

Poor Baby, I hope he starts to get better, We have been saying lots of prayers and we are thankful for your updates. Bless his heart.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest Vinnie

Adding our prayers and best wishes for a quick recovery for Phoenix. Our Angel Vinnie was a tri-pod and we couldn't agree more with Dr. Cuoto - three legs is just fine, the fourth is just an extra kick stand. Should you have any questions or issues that come up, please feel free to pm us. There are so many here on GT that have had the amputations done for various reasons, and so many wonderful pieces of advice were given to us, so if something happens, post it on the board as I am sure many of us will answer. Oh, and don't be freaked out when he continues to lay on the side that has been amputated - I kept thinking it would hurt more, but that was Vinnie's favorite way to lay. And Gracie says that she would love to be a friend too, she can pass on tips we learned with her brother. Get well soon Phoenix so you can go out and run while it is warm.

Guest dwolfe711

Poor Phoenix - hope he continues to heal and improve - thank you for giving him a forever home and loving family - sounds like it's long overdue for him! Lots of prayers for his recovery -

Donna

Guest greytmonty
Many of the medications make the greys a little nutsy. I hope they know this....

Sending prayers!

They seem pretty greyhound savvy at Penn, so I am hoping they know this too.

The students were all over the moon with Phoenix when he went for his preop visit, I am betting he is getting a lot of TLC. (our neighbor is a vet student there)

Guest chubbster

142_4243.jpg

Here is a picture of Phoenix the day before his surgery. My apologies if the photo is too big-I'm new at posting pictures.

Judy

Guest chubbster

142_4252.jpg

Here he is about an hour after he got home. He bolted out of the car and pulled us toward his pen, where he has been sacked out ever since (except to eat, drink, and poop)

Thanks for all the lovely healing thoughts,

Judy

Edited by chubbster

Bless his heart. I hope he feels a lot better real soon.

darlenesiggy2.jpg